Interesting Moments in Saints History (i.e. Do you remember when...) (1 Viewer)

Tyrone Hughes with back to back returns for touchdowns against the Rams. Unfortunately, Rams had a touchdown return in between. Amazing. 21 points scored in about 1 minute.

91 playoff game against Eagles, with Saints going into halftime with a big lead. Then lost.

The weird fire on the scoreboard in the center of the dome, and refs running out to stomp out the flames.

The 7-0 start in 92, with a 8-8 finish.

Derek Brown, I always thought he had the heart of a lion. Loved him.

Quinn Early. The team didn't do him well, but he was such an acrobat and fighter.

All four dome patrol linebackers together in the pro-bowl. Amazing.

"Hakeem fumbled the ball!"

Brees continues his outrageous streaks -- every game a streak continues.

"Woulda, coulda, shoulda..."

"Diddly poo"

"I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating".

Its been a lot of fun and has always been entertaining.

I remember Deuce's run against Tampa, minus his helmet. I also remember being at the game, against the Raiders, when Blake got hurt. The dome was screaming for Delhomme, but Brooks came in. On his first pass attempt, Woodon intercepted it for a touchdown. If i remember correctly, his 2nd pass attempt was a T.D. to Jackson. Oh, and i will never forget being at our first playoff win against the Rams. Crazy game.

Jerry Rice fumbling the ball going into the end zone but being given the TD anyway

i have been trying to stay away from the standard "remembrances".

does anyone remember this?

we had a measure for the down. the refs took out a credit to measure if it could fit between the ball and the marker...we did NOT get the first down. i can't remember who was officiating, but they couldn't believe they were doing that.

(can't remember the team we played...was in late 80's early 90's, i believe.

How about the Monday Night game against the Falcons, which was the first game back after Katrina. I was there and thought the whole place would collapse after Gleason blocked the kick. One of my favorite memories that I didn't see mentioned.

I remember when we drafted Chuck Muncie and Tony Galbreath 1 and two. They were the original Thunder and Lightning. Muncie was awesome at first. Galbreath broke off a 77 yd TD early in the season we all thought we were going to the greatest backfield ever.

For us real old timers.... 1967, last game of the year in New York against the Giants.... We are losing but driving for a winning TD late in the game.... Kilmer throws a sideline pass to Al Dodd who gets cheap shotted by a reserve player.. up under the chin as he ran out of bounds trying to catch the ball...

Next scene you see Steve Stonebreaker run clear accross the field and gets in this guys face but nothing more happens... The game ends and we lose and Stonebreaker then completes what he obviously had promised by running across the field again and punching the guy... A big fight ensues that includes John Mecom getting involved... punching a Giants player with his helmet on and breaking his hand...

Those were fun days when W's and L's didnt matter....

I remember that. Doug Atkins was throwing people around like rag dolls. Jimmy Taylor and Wild Bill Cody were putting people on their *****. Best sports fight I ever saw!

(It wasn't Al Dodd though, it was Tom Hall. Dodd's first year was 1969.)

edit: This got me wondering what happened to him after he leftythe Saints. Seems he's passed on. As mentioned earlier in the thread he made an amzing catch to set up Tom Dempsey's 63 yg FG. R.I.P. Al.

Here's an interesting article about what some of the old time Saints players are doing now. You'd be surprised how many have passed away.

I remember that. Doug Atkins was throwing people around like rag dolls. Jimmy Taylor and Wild Bill Cody were putting people on their *****. Best sports fight I ever saw!

(It wasn't Al Dodd though, it was Tom Hall. Dodd's first year was 1969.)

edit: This got me wondering what happened to him after he leftythe Saints. Seems he's passed on. As mentioned earlier in the thread he made .an amzing catch to set up Tom Dempsey's 63 yg FG. R.I.P. Al.

It was an Al Dodd football card that made me a Saints fan when I was six years old. I fell in love with the uniform, wrote the team and got a team picture from 1971...still have it and Archie is sitting in the front row as a rookie.

I remember the River City Relay and how elated I felt. I also remember Carney's missed extra point and how crestfallen I felt.

When Turley threw homie's helmet, I just saw our hopes dashed upon the rocks.

i was going to post this one too. i'll never forget how awesome it felt watching us pull it out those last few seconds only to watch Carney miss the XP a few seconds later... wasn't it against the jags?

I remember Morten kicking a 60 yard field goal in the dome against Chicago that could have made it from about 69-70 yards. I always thought he would have been the one to break Dempsey's record

Morten's 50 yarder as time expired to beat the Cowboys on Monday Night Football was a classic.

I can still hear Dan Dierdorf saying, "If he makes it, this place is gonna come apart!"

Morten ran around the Dome field with his arms in the air as his team chased him down!

:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom