Interesting note from Peter King's Monday Morning QB (1 Viewer)

Brees 2 Colston

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Take this for what it is worth but on the last page of his weekly column he tells the Giant beat writers that New Orleans is not through trying to acquire Jeremy Shockey.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/03/21/mmqb/2.html

He also did a mock with the first ten picks of the draft and he has us trading down with Detroit and them taking Mendenhall.

Tbh we have resigned Bily Miller & Eric Johnson the whole Shockey story has been put to bed now!

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
If the top 2 DT's are not there when the Saints pick, I have no problem with them trading down for more draft picks and not having to pay money for a top 10 pick. This draft doesn't seem to be top heavy with guys who are worth big money who play at positions of need for the Saints. It is supposedly deep though, so get more players and sign Colston, Evans, Smith, and Vilma to contract extensions.

Slim K

Suggestions?
Reaction score
Judging by our pursuit of TEs this ofseason; I wouldn't be suprised to see us sign a TE. Whether that be Jermichael Finley, Dustin Keller, Fred Davis, John Carlson and so on. Personally, I would not be dissapointed drafting a TE. Of course defense is a more important need, but going a whole offseason without upgrading the offense is not the formula for success.

Sorry to go off topic, sort of.

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe something will happen on draft day...not for #10 but I could see other picks used to get him.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Shockey is not worth the trouble IMHO. It would be one thing if he were released. TE is not that much of a need IMHO. If a good TE is the BPA in later draft rounds, I could see the Saints drafting him.

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's worth the trouble either. Save money, draft Tamme and sign Colston/Evans/Smith/Vilma/etc.

Shawn

SR is my life!
Reaction score
The Saint absolutely have to acgure another top-flight receiving threat--either at the TE or WR position. We have a nucleus of great players. We don't have great depth, and we don't really have the critical mass we need on offense.

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
I suspect that the Giants will be calling the Saints on April 24th or early the 25th with lower demands for Shockey. Their 1st round pick or 2nd plus a starter current demands will be lowered to just a single second. The Saints have already re signed Billy Miller and EJ so I hope they pass. Too many holes on Defense to spend a high second on position where they have a returning starter and competent backup. I like Shockey and would be all for going after him if he was a FA but not enough to give #40 up for......

'79 Saints

Reaction score
Judging by our pursuit of TEs this ofseason; I wouldn't be suprised to see us sign a TE. Whether that be Jermichael Finley, Dustin Keller, Fred Davis, John Carlson and so on. Personally, I would not be dissapointed drafting a TE. Of course defense is a more important need, but going a whole offseason without upgrading the offense is not the formula for success.

Sorry to go off topic, sort of.

Watch the 3rd round... and throw Brad Cottam in this list. Finley and Cottam both seem like the kinds of TE's Payton likes.

Jubilee Dunbar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Pacman, Shockey are just not going to happen. They are talented but these aren't type of players Payton would bring on this team. Unless Shockey and Payton are tight from the Giant days together, I just don't see it happening.

Reaction score
If either of King's comments about us come to fruition we are looking at a VERY interesting draft day...

thewyrm

Reaction score
Why does everyone discount the possibility that Shockey moving to a team where he will be more involved on offense, re-united with a coach who knows how to use him, and being surrounded by guys like Brees and Deuce could cause a total change in his attitude? Personally, I think he is too good not to get if the price isn't rediculously high.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom