Interesting note from Peter King's Monday Morning QB (1 Viewer)

Take this for what it is worth but on the last page of his weekly column he tells the Giant beat writers that New Orleans is not through trying to acquire Jeremy Shockey.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/03/21/mmqb/2.html

He also did a mock with the first ten picks of the draft and he has us trading down with Detroit and them taking Mendenhall.

Tbh we have resigned Bily Miller & Eric Johnson the whole Shockey story has been put to bed now!

If the top 2 DT's are not there when the Saints pick, I have no problem with them trading down for more draft picks and not having to pay money for a top 10 pick. This draft doesn't seem to be top heavy with guys who are worth big money who play at positions of need for the Saints. It is supposedly deep though, so get more players and sign Colston, Evans, Smith, and Vilma to contract extensions.

Judging by our pursuit of TEs this ofseason; I wouldn't be suprised to see us sign a TE. Whether that be Jermichael Finley, Dustin Keller, Fred Davis, John Carlson and so on. Personally, I would not be dissapointed drafting a TE. Of course defense is a more important need, but going a whole offseason without upgrading the offense is not the formula for success.

Sorry to go off topic, sort of.

Maybe something will happen on draft day...not for #10 but I could see other picks used to get him.

Shockey is not worth the trouble IMHO. It would be one thing if he were released. TE is not that much of a need IMHO. If a good TE is the BPA in later draft rounds, I could see the Saints drafting him.

I don't think he's worth the trouble either. Save money, draft Tamme and sign Colston/Evans/Smith/Vilma/etc.

The Saint absolutely have to acgure another top-flight receiving threat--either at the TE or WR position. We have a nucleus of great players. We don't have great depth, and we don't really have the critical mass we need on offense.

I suspect that the Giants will be calling the Saints on April 24th or early the 25th with lower demands for Shockey. Their 1st round pick or 2nd plus a starter current demands will be lowered to just a single second. The Saints have already re signed Billy Miller and EJ so I hope they pass. Too many holes on Defense to spend a high second on position where they have a returning starter and competent backup. I like Shockey and would be all for going after him if he was a FA but not enough to give #40 up for......

Judging by our pursuit of TEs this ofseason; I wouldn't be suprised to see us sign a TE. Whether that be Jermichael Finley, Dustin Keller, Fred Davis, John Carlson and so on. Personally, I would not be dissapointed drafting a TE. Of course defense is a more important need, but going a whole offseason without upgrading the offense is not the formula for success.

Sorry to go off topic, sort of.

Watch the 3rd round... and throw Brad Cottam in this list. Finley and Cottam both seem like the kinds of TE's Payton likes.

Pacman, Shockey are just not going to happen. They are talented but these aren't type of players Payton would bring on this team. Unless Shockey and Payton are tight from the Giant days together, I just don't see it happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom