interesting observations during the game last night (1 Viewer)

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm rewatching the game against the Redskins and a couple things I've seen that were interesting. Both around the 13 minute mark of second quarter. On the play that Drew gets sacked. Mark Ingram tries to keep a blitzing player from hitting Drew and drags him down which probably shoulda been a penalty. Ryan Kerrigan gets the sack but someone pushes Mark down getting a personal foul. That could have gone another way!
Another play around that time I saw Drew screaming at Carr, "Go"! Trying to get him off the field because he obviously wasn't supposed to be there. They had to burn a timeout. I've never seen Drew scream like that at someone. Very intense! Know your place kind of thing.

I'm rewatching the game against the Redskins and a couple things I've seen that were interesting. Both around the 13 minute mark of second quarter. On the play that Drew gets sacked. Mark Ingram tries to keep a blitzing player from hitting Drew and drags him down which probably shoulda been a penalty. Ryan Kerrigan gets the sack but someone pushes Mark down getting a personal foul. That could have gone another way!

"Teams of Destiny" get all the breaks right?! Im okay with that. The refs miss penalties. The fumbles bounce your way right into your hands. Your out-of-position players just happen to be in the wrong place at the right time. The "next man up" turns out to be better than the starter he's replacing. Etc. Seen it with the 09 Saints. Seeing it again this year...

Another play around that time I saw Drew screaming at Carr, "Go"! Trying to get him off the field because he obviously wasn't supposed to be there. They had to burn a timeout. I've never seen Drew scream like that at someone. Very intense! Know your place kind of thing.
I didn’t see it that way at all. Looked like Mark was totally innocent in that deal and got pushed down over the pile and then punched.

I didn’t see it that way at all. Looked like Mark was totally innocent in that deal and got pushed down over the pile and then punched.

Not really. Player blows by him and in trying to keep Drew clean grabs some jersey. At least the way I saw it.

Not really. Player blows by him and in trying to keep Drew clean grabs some jersey. At least the way I saw it.

Incredibly dirty play to push Mark down and not even questionable that it was the correct call.

Refs did a good job last night

i watched the replay numerous times and that is a bizzare take, imo that Mark was the guilty party. The announcers and Skins players even felt it was a horribly stupid play by the safety.

Just watched again. Mark could’ve been called for holding but that penalty would’ve been declined making it fourth down. Wouldn’t have mattered with the personal foul for unnecessary roughness after the play.

Why was Drew so upset on that completion he had to himself. Looked like he was really mad at somebody.

Just watched again. Mark could’ve been called for holding but that penalty would’ve been declined making it fourth down. Wouldn’t have mattered with the personal foul for unnecessary roughness after the play.

I think it was a classic example of a veteran baiting another player, Ingram was still letting go, holding onto him and I bet he was talking to him as well prior to the penalty. Skins player took the bait and ran with it....

Kerrigan had nothing to do with that personal foul, other than be a part of the old "kneel-down-behind-somebody" trick.

Are sure sure you are watching the game? Lmao

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom