Interesting Rob Ryan stats (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
In Ryan's nine seasons as a defensive coordinator, his offenses have given him a lead of at least eight points or more in 37 games.

In those 37 games, his teams have won 27 of them.

That's a percentage around the 75 mark. Considering the Saints offense, with Sean Payton at the helm, are a team that rarely gets turned away from scoring points, I'd say that that's a good percentage to go by. Having a coach on the defensive side of the ball that knows how to put his foot on the opponent's throat when they are down is great, especially when there is a coach on the offensive side that has that same mentality. Last time i checked, winning 75 percent of your games is a 12-4 season.

Starting to like Rob Ryan yet? How about another stat for you?

2013 New Orleans Saints: Maybe This Rob Ryan Guy Isn't Half Bad | Bleacher Report

Now, THAT's a good stat. And, 37 games out of 144 with an 8 point lead? Ugh.

Yeah but take into consideration who the offenses were and the best quarterback he ever had on one of his teams by a long way was Tony Romo.

On the negative side, in nine seasons as a defensive coordinator, his defense has finished in the top ten of the league only once.

On the negative side, in nine seasons as a defensive coordinator, his defense has finished in the top ten of the league only once.

Because Oakland, Cleveland, and Dallas in 2012 were such talented, disciplined, and well-organized teams, am I right?

I've shown in the other thread you started, http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/peter-kings-thoughts-ryan-hire-286786/ , that stat is in a vaccum. Not many yards separate the top defenses from the bottom ones. It's a lazy stat used by sloppy talking heads on ESPN and people like Peter King.

His terrible defense (19th last year) had a whopping 60 yards per game more than the 49ers (3rd last year).

We need to keep in mind that we don't need a number 1 rated defense here. That would be awesome, but is not a requirement. If we can get a run at the mill defense, or just dramatically cut down on the big plays, we could be a real threat. I feel that the combination of the switch to the 3-4 and a fiery coach will be just what we need.

Based on what stats? Probably should do a yards/TOP metric to do the comparison.

In Ryan's nine seasons as a defensive coordinator, his offenses have given him a lead of at least eight points or more in 37 games.

In those 37 games, his teams have won 27 of them.

That's a percentage around the 75 mark. Considering the Saints offense, with Sean Payton at the helm, are a team that rarely gets turned away from scoring points, I'd say that that's a good percentage to go by. Having a coach on the defensive side of the ball that knows how to put his foot on the opponent's throat when they are down is great, especially when there is a coach on the offensive side that has that same mentality. Last time i checked, winning 75 percent of your games is a 12-4 season.

Starting to like Rob Ryan yet? How about another stat for you?

2013 New Orleans Saints: Maybe This Rob Ryan Guy Isn't Half Bad | Bleacher Report

I approve of this stat.

With a heavy oriental accent......."he is like Hong Kong supercop"!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom