Interesting small school DE prospect (1 Viewer)

SunshinePumper

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have never heard of this guy any of you know of him? Sounds like an athletic freak.

6'5" 274 lbs ran a 4.66 40

http://www.shelbystar.com/sports/johnston_29436___article.html/time_nfl.html

I did a search on the site and he was mentioned in a thread from January as a possible UDFA pickup, but he is now projected by Walter Football as a 5th rd pick. We all know how Coach likes small school guys, and I don't think it would be a bad idea to look at DE somewhere in the draft for depth and in case we cant resign Smith.

I think you're gonna see a lot of "no names" pop up over the next few weeks. Teams aren't gonna wait to try and find the next Colston or PT. I can see more guys being picked up on the offensive side of the ball this year (TE's, QB's and WRs) than anyone on defense....as UDFA.

We aren't the only team looking to improve and during FA, there were slim pickens on the offensive side. Look for teams to go heavy on defense this year in the draft as there just aren't that many difference makers on offense. Face it, RB's did not fair well in FA and aside from 1 or 2...I see the rest being late to UDFA's. I see the same with QB's and WR's. Also, after what the Giants did, teams are gonna try and duplicate what they did and load up on DE's and LB's in this draft.....which is supposed to be deep this year with quality talent. ;)

McNeese has a guy that did fairly well at the combine. I'm not a 'combine' guy, just throwing that out.

I think you're gonna see a lot of "no names" pop up over the next few weeks. Teams aren't gonna wait to try and find the next Colston or PT.
Well, yeah sure gotta find the next Colston... but Pierre Thomas played for a BCS school. Scouts had every chance in the world to scout the guy that kept Reshard Mendenhall off the field last year!

Kid seems like a freak, I've never seen him play but his got the numbers down workout numbers lol. How good is his game?

18 reps of 225 is pretty weak for a lineman. If memory serves, DRC did 17.

Last edited:
yeah i did some research on the guy,,,word on him is he is a gifted overall athlete,,very raw,,but also has some major characther issues,,work ethic the major one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom