Interesting Stat Regarding First Two Weeks of Season (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Saw this on the NFC South blog on ESPN...

Since 1990, 64.6% of the teams that have started 2-0 have gone on to the playoffs. Only 13.8 percent of the teams that have started 0-2 have made the playoffs.

If we beat Philly and Atlanta beats Carolina on Sunday, that puts us and Atlanta in good shape at 2-0. That would also put Carolina at 0-2 and heading to Dallas followed by a visit from Washington.

I know it's very early to be drawing all these generalizations, but barring a lot of unforeseen events, it's going to come down to us and Atlanta for the division with the loser jockeying for a wildcard spot.

If we beat Philly and Atlanta beats Carolina on Sunday, that puts us and Atlanta in good shape at 2-0. That would also put Carolina at 0-2 and heading to Dallas followed by a visit from Washington.

I know it's very early to be drawing all these generalizations, but barring a lot of unforeseen events, it's going to come down to us and Atlanta for the division with the loser jockeying for a wildcard spot.

I agree - Carolina could be in a big hole if they don't win or at least put up a respectable showing against the Falcons. A 0-3 start by Carolina would be a big hole for them to climb out off particularly with Delhomme's rocky start to the season. Sunday will be a huge game for him to try to break out of his slump!

The Saints have been preaching "getting off to a fast start" for a while now. They "get it."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom