Interesting stat reguarding Kenyon Coleman (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Coleman (6-5, 293) started five games for the Cowboys in 2012, but went on IR in mid-November after suffering a torn left triceps in a 38-23 win over the Eagles. The loss of the physical, run-stuffing lineman provided a sizeable void for the Cowboys up front. Dallas allowed 105.2 rushing yards per game through the first seven games of the seasons, but surrendered 150.85 over the final nine after Coleman was lost for the season.

Report: Saints agree to terms with former Cowboys DE Kenyon Coleman - CBSSports.com

45.65 yard per game difference after he went on IR

That's what I'm wondering. Besides CBS Sports no other confirmation on him signing from anyone else, nothing on the official site.
this article references back to the PFT report which was said to be premature. So I'm thinking the answer is no, we haven't signed him yet.

Ya, he does one thing, and does it well, he is a very good run stuffing 3-4 defensive end. he gives us depth incase hicks doesnt workout at end or say bunkley gets injured at NT, Hicks can play NT and coleman could start at DE.

Don't forget though, as the previous poster mentioned. They lost a HAND FULL of starters. Not to take away from the guy but...yeah...there could possibly be other variables in play

Don't forget though, as the previous poster mentioned. They lost a HAND FULL of starters. Not to take away from the guy but...yeah...there could possibly be other variables in play

With a gap that large, undoubtedly. But we're signing him as a 4th interior lineman.

You could project Smith/Hicks/Coleman at WDE, Hicks/Bunkley at DT, and Jordan/Johnson at SDE, which gives us a viable rotation on the defensive line going into the draft. Which is the idea. The only safe players in that would be Bunkley/Hicks/Jordan, so we can still draft to the position and let camp sort it out, but it does make it less critical. Similar to how Butler gives us a viable third man in the OLB rotation.

nbc, cbs, espn, rotoworld, pro football, nfl.com,
sometimes i wonder if there is anything other than SR

With a gap that large, undoubtedly. But we're signing him as a 4th interior lineman.

You could project Smith/Hicks/Coleman at WDE, Hicks/Bunkley at DT, and Jordan/Johnson at SDE, which gives us a viable rotation on the defensive line going into the draft. Which is the idea. The only safe players in that would be Bunkley/Hicks/Jordan, so we can still draft to the position and let camp sort it out, but it does make it less critical. Similar to how Butler gives us a viable third man in the OLB rotation.

No doubt bro. I am actually excited about the signing. I'm just saying. The stat posted by the op may make some people want to scream "championship!" Where it's probably just more of a small piece of the puzzle that hopefully gets us there. Definitely a great signing though. You can't be discouraged about signing people that will help us transition into the 3-4 and have thrived in it before

We have to stop the run first and foremost if we want to be effective in pass defense.

This guy looks like he will help us in that regard.

Solid signing this late in free agency.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom