Interesting to see reactions (1 Viewer)

DABOOT162

LURKER
Reaction score
Since when have we ever entered into a bidding war with some team over a free agent in the SP era? Dont get down guys we have to trust in our front office. Some also do t realize we are three cuts away from being 20 mil under the cap... Harper, vilma, and smith. I dont think it is coincidence thise are the three left to restructure. Have faith fellas!!! WHO DAT!!

Just because we haven't been trading for players doesn't mean we won't be an active participant in free agency.

Yes Participants is what we have been year in and year out. We arent going to sign these big names guys with huge contracts that suffocate the team. Look what we did last year with "no cap room" just saying dont have the sky is falling attitude because we didnt get ed reed or elvis dumerville We will be fine

I am just dying to know how we handle Vilma, Smith, and Harper's contracts.

Does anyone know what happens to the current cap hit when a player excepts a pay cut? For example, Will Smith has a cap hit of about $14.5M. If he restructures his deal to say $5M, Does the $6.5M in dead money disappear? I think I know the answer but would like some verification on that. And does the cap hit stay regardless of the outcome between player and club? Also, would the new terms that have been negotiated (the $5M I gave as an example) get added on top of the dead money? I know the new CBA allows each team to release players prior to June 1st and designate them as a post June 1 cut, but how many does each team get per season?

When a player signs a new contract the old cap hit is voided just like the old contract. I look for vilma, harper, and smith to either have signed new contracts today or are off the team!! WHOO DAT!!!

We are gonna make moves, i promise u that.

I would like to know what the exact number is that we will be. I read earlier that we are currently $6 million over the cap limit. If we cut Harper we would only save $1 million because of $6 million in dead money. So its best to juust keep him. I've also read that between Vilma & Smith we would save about $14 million if we released them both. So those 3 together could save us about $15 million off the cap. We are 6 over, so that would mean we would only be 9 million under at the most.

With that money we need to look into signing Graham long term and possibly Bushrod. That doesn't leave us with very much left. I just don't know where people are getting this "$20 million under" number from. Its actually closer to $9 million under. And that's only if we release all 3, Harper, Vilma and Smith, which I don't see happening.

I dont see jermon staying We never spend much on tackles and he is way overpriced... I see jermon walking and either bringig someone else in or draft.. Would be cheaper and jermon was average. If we can get these guys to restructure it would save us a ton...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom