Interesting website- goldbelly.com (2 Viewers)

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
Reaction score
Sticky Post
So this site, you can order from world renown restaurants, and get the food shipped to you for reheating. Locally, Commanders Palace, Cochon and Parkway ( Roast beef ). NY style pizza, Chicago deep dish etc etc.

From what i gather, they send you all the fixins ( like Parkway sends the roast beef, debris gravy, french bread and dressing ) and you simply follow the heating instructions.

Pretty neat for those out-of-towners looking for a taste of home. And vice-versa if you have a memorable dining experience out of town and they are part of this and have your meal listed, you can have yet again.

RichPeace

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
did you?

let us know how it works out. im totally intrigued by this. Specific to Parkway roast beef.
it was fantastic. Ordered the Parkway Roast Beef Poboy dinner for four and a Halloween cake from Gambino’s.

The cake is in the freezer until this weekend but it showed up fully frozen with dry ice. It was well packaged and protected.

we ate the poboys for dinner last week. Delicious. Everything you need is included. Again, well packaged, and very easy to make.

Thank you for starting the thread. We are looking forward to trying more items from the site and would definitely recommend.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a quick note. Whatever you order, be sure to check the vendors' websites before ordering. I price compared the same items and the prices were far, far less even when you throw in shipping.

My Thanksgiving order was $359 including shipping from the vendor. But as much as it sounds, with goldbelly, it was well over $500 total for the same items even when considering the free shipping. They jack up the prices of indidvidual items a lot. So just be aware when ordering.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
Just a quick note. Whatever you order, be sure to check the vendors' websites before ordering. I price compared the same items and the prices were far, far less even when you throw in shipping.

My Thanksgiving order was $359 including shipping from the vendor. But as much as it sounds, with goldbelly, it was well over $500 total for the same items even when considering the free shipping. They jack up the prices of indidvidual items a lot. So just be aware when ordering.
Same goes for ordering on-line for take out from restaurants. Many of them use 3rd party website operators for their on-line ordering. The 3rd party adds a couple of bucks to each item. So I'll view the website to decide on my order, but instead of ordering on-line I will call the restaurant directly and order on the phone. Saves quite a bit plus more of the money goes directly to the restaurant.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That website is for you rich folks.
Yes it is. Only reason I'd consider it is it was a treat I couldn't order any other way. But most of the vendors on that site have their own sites. Because I'm 1000 miles from home, it's nice to have this option once a year or something.

Just be sure to price compare before buying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom