internet phone service (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
does anyone know if you get internet phone service, do you also have to have a landline (ie: bellsouth) connection to send and receive faxes? or can you send and receive faxes through your internet phone service? is there something special you have to buy to allow faxing? does anyone know if cox internet phone service is worth the money? and last question. does anyone have bellsouth dsl; how does it compare with cable internet?

i send faxes over my cox service all the time, if ya get a dial tone it will work

I know it doesn't work with Tivo. If you have a Tivo, make sure you get it set up to work with your computer network before you switch off your landline connection. I made that mistake. What a pain.

*Edit* I know you didn't ask that, but I thought I would pass on that information anyway--just in case.

does anyone know if you get internet phone service, do you also have to have a landline (ie: bellsouth) connection to send and receive faxes? or can you send and receive faxes through your internet phone service? is there something special you have to buy to allow faxing? does anyone know if cox internet phone service is worth the money? and last question. does anyone have bellsouth dsl; how does it compare with cable internet?

Get Vonage's internet phone service. It's only $25 but has more features. If you're interested, send me your email address and I'll send you a referral email for your first month free. The basic equipment is free as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom