Internet Usage Policy (1 Viewer)

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I love these things. I just got my yearly IUP today. Only use for business, no personal email, blah blah blah. Dois anyone take these things seriously?

Its one of those things that everyone knows is unrealistic, but it gives them an out if they decide they want to fire you.

I definitely take it seriously.. If they ever have reason to question your performance, they could always track down your internet usage based on your system's IP address and use that as evidence..

Now, that's not saying I don't do personal web surfing at times, but I try to limit it as much as possible to when I have some free time..

It also depends on the employer.. Some places take it more seriously than others.. Some places don't care how much you surf as long as you get the job done.. Also, I think in jobs where your main work involves a computer, there is usually some leniency.. Like superchuck said, it's one of those unattainable expectations they like to throw out there..

my old job could block any website that was being used the most on the server... hence... myspace, facebook, etc.... but i always kept my SR.com lurking going, they never blocked it..i think the Sys. Op. was a Saints Fan as well... :)

They have a huge amount of stuff blocked out also. Not Saintsreport, and not google news so I am ok. What else would I do during lunch and when they are doing silent reading I am modeling reading also.

My wifes workplace has a policy in effect, 3 people have been fired because they couldn't stick to it.

My wifes workplace has a policy in effect, 3 people have been fired because they couldn't stick to it.

Yeah, I usually take those things pretty seriously; maybe I'm just paranoid. I have a company-issued laptop and I don't spend too long surfing on it in case they decide to check. I almost always do my SR posting on my personal computer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom