Interview Question (1 Viewer)

RSF

Very Banned
Reaction score
I have my first interview for a job on Thursday. The company dresses in a business casual atmosphere, so should i still wear a suit for the interview or should I wear slacks with a nice shirt and tie?

P.S. I'm married to a chick who used to be a dude.

QuakerOats.png

If i were you I would still wear a suit. Always Dress to Impress. The first impression says a lot and looking well dressed is a huge part of first impressions for most.

GL at your interview thursday

Last edited:
Always dress up. You can always come down to the level of the work, but a suit would be the way to go for the interview.

As far as the last part of your post, are you kidding?

Wear a bathrobe and a look of desperation.

Suit....even if you were applying as a fry cook at Burger King

Edit due to insensitivity due to finishing a bottle of wine sorry.

I think you should go in there in a shirt and no tie and be like, "Hey dudes, give me the job"
hllu2.gif

Or better yet, a short sleeve shirt with a tie.. :9:

A top hat and a monacle has been mentioned before by my buddy Pohc (Vietnamese). Perhaps you could try that.

I have my first interview for a job on Thursday. The company dresses in a business casual atmosphere, so should i still wear a suit for the interview or should I wear slacks with a nice shirt and tie?

P.S. I'm married to a chick who used to be a dude.

QuakerOats.png

Based on my experience in a business that switched from formal to business casual, I recommend the following:
  • Skip the suit. You want the interviewer to relate to you on a personal level. If you're in a tight time frame for your interview, wearing a suit might be a barrier that slows the interviewer warming to you.
  • Wear a long-sleeve pressed (starched) shirt (I prefer button-down collar, but check the collar and make sure it doesn't bunch under your sportscoat), no tie, and sportscoat (important: if you buy a new one remove the tag on the sleeve).
  • Keep it simple and stick to solids or classic patterns (white or blue for shirt; stay away from plaid). You don't want the interviewer distracted because of conflicting patterns on your shirt, pants, sportscoat.
  • Wear a belt that matches the color of your shoes (again, keep it simple).
  • Wear leather shoes and slap a little polish on them.
Lagniappe tips
  • Brush your teeth before the interview and don't eat until after the interview - don't risk halitosis, food stuck in your teeth, or spilling something on your clothes
  • Carry an organizer and a pen (doesn't have to be too fancy but make sure it writes and it should be a click type pen black or blue ink and not a cheap Bic], etc. Have some questions written in the pad in advance of the interview. Ask the interviewer if they mind if you take notes during the interview. Write notes during the interview more so in the beginning and refer back to them at least once.
  • DO NOT wear too much cologne. It's okay to wear a little, but don't put it on like you're going to a nightclub.
  • Be confident but not cocky. Let the interviewer do as much talking as possible and do NOT interrupt the interviewer in mid-sentence.
  • Turn the ringer OFF on your cellphone (or better yet, turn it off completely).
  • Avoid discussing money until they bring it up. Focus on making sure it's a good fit for both you and the company.
Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any follow-up Questions.

Good Luck on the Interview! :9:

Keep the tie. Lose the shirt.

You want to stand out as a candidate.

HR types sometimes have so many interviews, you know, we lose track of who's who.

:)

Always wear a suit on an interview.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom