Introducing the new Pelicans General Manager.... (1 Viewer)

Now this isnt saying i want AD to stay or go, but if he didnt try to force that trade, where would we be?

In case you are unsure, this is a huge get for this franchise.

I was trying to look into some of his feats as a GM, but couldn't really find much besides being 2018-2019 Executive of the Year for the Nets G League affiliate. What has he done that's noteworthy? Im excited to hear he's a catch!

Shamit Dua @FearTheBrown

Just talked to some people about Langdon. Some quick hits:

- Langdon cares about you as a person first, employee second.
- Extensive scouting background, still a legend in Europe from his playing days
- Expect an uptick in international scouting
- Cares deeply about culture and brings a player perspective to the FO. This plays a big role in constructing locker culture.
- Big on family. Takes extra step on getting to know and caring for the families of both players and staff.

I was trying to look into some of his feats as a GM, but couldn't really find much besides being 2018-2019 Executive of the Year for the Nets G League affiliate. What has he done that's noteworthy? Im excited to hear he's a catch!
Was very instrumental in helping to create a winning culture and a playoff team for a franchise that literally had nothing.

Yeah, this is incredible. A great young up and coming GM candidate who can learn from Griffin while also making a great culture in the organization. If AD questions Gayle's desire to create a winning culture and invest fully in this team, then he needs his head checked.

I imagine that this move was made with an eye towards the Pelicans new G-League franchise as well...

Shamit Dua @FearTheBrown

Trajan Langdon is being introduced to media via conference call to media at the moment.

Langdon emphasizes ownership commitment and being a key factor in his decision.
Oleh Kosel @OlehKosel

David Griffin on Trajan Langdon: "It's really exciting for me to be able to announce Trajan Langdon as the new general manager...I think this falls in line with attracting the best and brightest."

Will Guillory @WillGuillory

Langdon says it was difficult to leave Brooklyn, but he wanted to join forces with Griffin and do something a lot of people think they can't do in New Orleans

Shamit Dua @FearTheBrown

Langdon: "When I walked into Brooklyn, it was our first time having a G-League team as well. A lot of the things we are going to do in Eerie are going to mirror the things we will do in New Orleans."

Mentions how the distance will present a challenge but they will be committed to bringing in the right people to run the organization.

Langdon and Griffin stress again that they don't want to nail down any specific roles in the front office just yet. They just want to bring the right people in and figure it out from there.

Shamit Dua @FearTheBrown

Langdon mentions that the narrative in the past around the Pelicans was that it "hasn't been good enough". Says ownership realizes and they are excited to build a sustainable culture going forward.

Jim Eichenhofer @Jim_Eichenhofer

During conference call on his first day with New Orleans, new GM Trajan Langdon said one primary aspect of #Pelicans vision for the future will be to create a "culture of sustainable excellence."

Trajan Langdon noted that he was happy for David Griffin and #Pelicans last week when they won draft lottery, prior to Langdon's decision to come to NOLA. Langdon on #1 pick: "It's obviously a game-changer. It's something the city and organization can be very excited about."

David Griffin made interesting point about international players' appreciation for New Orleans' history, uniqueness and makeup as a city. Griffin: "We want to be a destination for players from everywhere. Obviously the international angle we're going to (focus on) tremendously."

Shamit Dua @FearTheBrown

Griffin: "It's become something (The Pelicans) that is very clearly her (Benson) baby. She's really putting her money where her mouth is with these hires"

Jim Eichenhofer @Jim_Eichenhofer

Trajan Langdon: "We want to win, but we want to build this team the right way, with the right people... I don't think you can be in a win-now mode when you're trying to build the right culture.... You can't skip steps. That was one thing we did in Brooklyn (that worked)."

David Griffin on the potential of Zion Williamson not wanting to be in New Orleans: "I'm sure that's a false narrative."

Said he got to meet with Williamson and his family after the draft lottery

Also said the team met with Ja Morant at the Draft Lottery

Oleh Kosel @OlehKosel

More Griffin on Zion Williamson and Ja Morant: "I think because we've sat with those kids, who are both incredible human beings and all about all the right things, we know unequivocally that either one of them would be thrilled to join us in New Orleans."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom