Introduction and some questions (1 Viewer)

Jaiden

Reaction score
Well, I introduced myself a few days ago. So, I'll do it in a own thread again with a additional.

My name is Jaiden and I was born in Cologne, Germany. My english isn't aswell. So, please indulging.
I'm interested in football since two years. My heart is beating for the saints since the super bowl final against Indianapolis.
It's very hard to watch football games in Germany, because our broadcasters don't show live U.S. sports. Apart from this, the matches are late in the night. But it's unhindered.
Other sports I like are - typical for germans - soccer and ice hockey.
I was sad after the women world cup final against Japan. Hope Solo, Abby Wambach, Alex Krieger and Alex Morgan did play a great tournament!

So, if you have questions, feel free to ask!

Additional:
I want to spend my holidays in a america-travel in the next years. So, I absolutely wants to watch the saints.
Canada, Atlanta (Georgia) and a saints game are my favorite purposes during my journey.

Some questions:
1. Do I have to buy a ticket in the online-shop or do I get tickets in the box office?
2. Is it difficult to get tickets for the Saints?
3. How much does it costs to drink a beer in stadium?
4. Do I have to mind something special?
5. We (in Cologne) have a local patriotism similar to you. I want to wear my jersey from FC Koln ( http://www.trikot-fanshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/koln-trikot-2012-home.jpg ) and a Saints scarf. Could I get problemts with that?

Thanks for your answers!
Best regards

Some questions:
1. Do I have to buy a ticket in the online-shop or do I get tickets in the box office?
2. Is it difficult to get tickets for the Saints?
3. How much does it costs to drink a beer in stadium?
5. We (in Cologne) have a local patriotism similar to you. I want to wear my jersey from FC Koln ( http://www.trikot-fanshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/koln-trikot-2012-home.jpg ) and a Saints scarf. Could I get problemts with that?

Welcome, Jaiden.
In order:

1) The nfl shop is for buying merchandise (Saints clothing), not tickets. Tickets for the Saints are sold out, but you can get tickets through the NFL ticket exchange or other online brokers like stubhub. But, yes, I advise that you get your tickets as far in advance as you can.
2) It's not difficult, but it can be expensive. You will usually pay quite a bit more than face value, unless you get lucky. It's much easier to get them in Atlanta (where the Saints play once this year) - but you won't have as much fun as you will in New Orleans.
3) Beer is about $8US/per, and it will be crappy American beer, not good German beer.
4) Yes
5) I doubt you would have any problems, especially with a Saints scarf. Anyone that recognizes that here would be happy to see you. Be aware, though, that red is a Falcons color. :mad:

Have a great time, and let us know when you will visit.

Thanks buzd!

1. If I know, when I travel to the USA, it could regrets about a half year. So, I have to buy the tickets from Germany.
2. Money isn't an issue. I don't travel to america to put money aside. It's generally a expensive trip. The flight to Canada, then the flight to the USA. But it's okay. It's my lifelong dream. The USA is "Tis" (R.I.P Frank McCourt).
And I really want to visit the Superdrome. (I love stadium buildings. I've visited so many (soccer) stadiums in Europe)
3. Okay. We have similar prices in stadium. It's okay. I'm flexible for/with beer.
4. And what?
5. It's good that isn't so much red on the jersey. Maybe I wear a completely white t-shirt with this emblem. I like to show our billy goat*. :hihi: "REWE" isn't important. It's just our sponsor, a supermarket chain. And I don't have to advertise a german supermarket in the USA.

Thanks for your answers. I'm very pleased to hear that.

The billy goat, called "Hennes", is our real mascot
Picture of "Hennes": http://www.fc-koeln.de/uploads/pics/hennes_VIII_bopp.jpg
Link to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1._FC_Köln

This warms my cold dead heart.

Sorry about our beer, in advance. You will have an amazing time in New Orleans. As your trip nears be sure to ask for more specific advice. I'm sure you'll get way more than you need.

Canada, Atlanta (Georgia) and a saints game are my favorite purposes during my journey.

welcome to the board but i feel i must tell you that someone has played a joke on you - there is no such place as Atlanta, Georgia - it's a place that marketing wizards in Dallas, Tx created to feel better about their city

seriously, Ich verstehen ein kleine, kleine Deutsch. Ich studiere Deutsch ins Hich Schule und Universitat. Obviously, meine Desutsh ist sehr schlect (never really got a chance to use it) aber Wilcommen

Well, I introduced myself a few days ago. So, I'll do it in a own thread again with a additional.

Thanks for your answers!
Best regards

Welcome! I hope you have an awesome holiday to the US!

Buzd did a great job at answering your other questions, but I am not sure what you are asking for in #4. Can you ask again in a different way or does anyone else know what he is asking? Just trying to make sure you get all your answers.

This warms my cold dead heart.

Sorry about our beer, in advance. You will have an amazing time in New Orleans. As your trip nears be sure to ask for more specific advice. I'm sure you'll get way more than you need.

I prefer "Kölsch", cologne beer. I drunk "Altbier", that's beer from Dusseldorf. So, your beer can't be worse than Altbier.

Yes, I was very sad, when the hurricane destroyed this city. One more reason to visit New Orleans and make a silent minute for myself. Better late then never!

welcome to the board but i feel i must tell you that someone has played a joke on you - there is no such place as Atlanta, Georgia - it's a place that marketing wizards in Dallas, Tx created to feel better about their city

seriously, Ich verstehen ein kleine, kleine Deutsch. Ich studiere Deutsch ins Hich Schule und Universitat. Obviously, meine Desutsh ist sehr schlect (never really got a chance to use it) aber Wilcommen

Thanks! I don't know what you mean.
I meant this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta
Someone told me that Atlanta is a wonderful city.
Maybe I could visit Indianapolis. They have a partnership with Cologne. But it don't excites me.

Your german is much better than many people who lives in Germany.
Many turkish or greek people are living here and their german is really poor.
German is very hard to learn. So, respect!
I really love the accent when canadian or u.s. people are speaking german. It's awesome!

Thanks, OhioSaintsFan! Nice to meet you.

Welcome, and I have a question for you: Do you know these chicks?

Thanks!
:smilielol:
That must be Bavarian chicks. So, I don't know their.
The bavarian octoberfest isn't so big like the cologne carnival. Here you have a picture from cologne chicks:
Cheerleader_03.jpg

Thanks, LickenKittens!

Welcome! I hope you have an awesome holiday to the US!

Buzd did a great job at answering your other questions, but I am not sure what you are asking for in #4. Can you ask again in a different way or does anyone else know what he is asking? Just trying to make sure you get all your answers.

Thanks a lot! Yes, it will be awesome. I'm sure!

Sorry for that. It was late!
Do I have to consider some special rules?
I don't want to get beef with other people, because it's a other culture like the culture in Cologne. I have an open mind for meeting people and I do like to make jokes below the belt. It's usually in Cologne and we laughing for that kind of jokes. For example: In Munich we could get beef for that.
Cologne inhabitans are a particular kind of germans.
We slight the waiters ("Drecksack", which means scumbag) to get a beer with cola. In other cities you have to cut out that. In Cologne, it is okay. In Munich, it is a no-go.

But we are proud to be cologne inhabitants. :9:

Danke für eure zahlreichen Antworten! Sehr nett von euch!
Thanks for the many answers! That's so nice!

Machtet joot!
(cologne dialect which means: "All the best!")

We generally like to pretend that Atlanta doesn't exist, because it's filled with Falcons fans.

And there are so many more wonderful cities in the US to visit:

New Orleans
New York
San Francisco
Chicago
Boston
Washington DC
Miami
Los Angeles
Seattle

And plenty of wonderful smaller places. I would go to any/all of these before Atlanta.

Remember that the US is a huge place so going to too many places can be expensive and take a lot of travel time, but there are tons of great things to see.

Maybe I could visit Indianapolis. They have a partnership with Cologne. But it don't excites me.

i was kidding - New Orleans and Atlanta have a bit of a rivalry (think UK and France) - one city has food, drink, women, celebration, a football team and the other has highway (autobahn) traffic

again kidding - you are traveling so everything will seem cool
have fun

Uuh, my fault! Sorry!!
Good to know that. The rivalry isn't famous in Germany.

So, I have to think over my visit to the city which doesn't exists!

Yes, a travel to the USA isn't a travel for one or two weeks.
I think my visit is going about 6 - 8 weeks.
We are planning to stay at Vancouver for one week. Then we want to drive to Toronto to see a soccer game. Then we want to fly to the USA from Toronto.
We hope, we can visit many cities. But it would be a travel about one year if we are going to see all interesting cities.

Maybe we want to visit Oregon, because we want see "on the rocks". :hihi:

Anyway, I'm very jealous. In my invancy, I'd like to live in the USA.
I've worn the u.s. flag and sang: "O say, can you see". I didn't know more because I was 4 years old. :D

We are planning to stay at Vancouver for one week. Then we want to drive to Toronto to see a soccer game. Then we want to fly to the USA from Toronto.

That's a pretty long drive...

Welcome, Jaiden.

but you can get tickets through the NFL ticket exchange or other online brokers like stubhub. But, yes, I advise that you get your tickets as far in advance as you can.

That isn't good advice. Generally speaking, the closer to gametime the lower the ticket prices. Fans will get antsy a few days before the game and prices on the online brokers generally drop by up to 50%. Being a local you probably don't have to deal with online ticket brokers, but my experience - and I have a lot of it - is that it's best to wait til the last minute* (same is generally true with hotels if it's not a busy weekend).

*figure of speech, not to be taken literally by Jaiden :)

Also Jaiden -- don't waste time going to Atlanta. I'm not saying that because of the sports rivalry. There's just nothing extraordinary about the city. Buildings and traffic, very little culture due to a large number of transplants (people who moved from other cities for work).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom