Investors Ask Pepsi, FedEx, and Nike To End Relationship With Washington Redskins (1 Viewer)

Well if they went with Rednecks it wouldn't be a total name change. I've often been told that this slur is actually a badge of honor so win win?

I was gonna go with Crackers, then when they play Green Bay, because chackers and cheese goes well together. Yummy. :hihi: But I'm down with Rednecks.

And yes, this wasn't a serious post. :9:

I can't help but to wonder if there would be more complaints if they remained as the Washington Redskins or if they changed their name to the Washington Whities. :scratch:
It would be less of a change (and pay homage to those who think there is nothing wrong with the name) to call them the Washington Rednecks.

6524279_0.jpg

It would be less of a change (and pay homage to those who think there is nothing wrong with the name) to call them the Washington Rednecks.

6524279_0.jpg
I still think it would be best if every franchise was named after an animal. It's very rare that they get offended for being emblazoned on a uniform or a pennant. I'm pretty sure there is even some saint somewhere that is offended for being used as our mascot.

Humans are a mess. :jpshakehead:

I think they should go with Cattlemen just to troll Jerry Jones and Cowboys fans. Washington Cattlemen vs Dallas Cowboys has a flow to it.

Interesting read
=============
.....The origin of the word “redskin” has long been disputed by linguists, Native American activists who consider it a slur, and those who insist that the name of Washington’s football team honors Indians rather than disparages them.

The word’s roots extend back to at least the mid-18th century, as colonists and Native Americans began clashing. Here’s a timeline:

1769: The first unchallenged use of the word “redskin” occurs when a British lieutenant colonel translates a letter from an Indian chief promising safe passage if the officer visited his tribe in the Upper Mississippi Valley.

“I shall be pleased to have you come to speak to me yourself if you pity our women and our children; and, if any redskins do you harm, I shall be able to look out for you even at the peril of my life,” Chief Mosquito said in his letter, according to a 2005 study by Ives Goddard, the Smithsonian’s senior linguist emeritus.

Aug. 22, 1812: At a Washington reception for several Native Americans, President James Madison refers to Indians as “red people” or “my red children,” prompting Little Osage Chief Sans Oreilles (No Ears) to voice his support for the administration: “I know the manners of the whites and the red skins.”

Then, Sioux Chief French Crow also pledged loyalty: “I am a red-skin, but what I say is the truth, and notwithstanding I came a long way I am content, but wish to return from here.”.........

Walter White is the mascot?
GMR, I guess that I'm just trying to laugh to keep from crying. I find it so sad & depressing that the most fashionable trend by the population these days is to find something to be offended about. You would think that people would eventually get tired of expending so much emotional energy over things that aren't going to change their lives one bit. I actually know some middle age white guys who are angry that in every TV commercial featuring a criminal or foolish person, the character is always portrayed as a middle age white guy. I mean, who cares?!? How dumb for anyone to lose sleep over stuff like this! :jpshakehead:

I've completely lost track of what things are politically incorrect anymore because the list changes almost daily. How many individuals have to claim that something is offensive before it becomes the next new taboo description or phrase? 1000? 100? 10? 2? There are a lot of 'bullies' in the world who enjoy picking on others. But in reality there is nothing we can do to control how they feel about us but to just be the better person. I think we all sang that 'Sticks & Stones' song as kids. But somewhere along the line most adults seem to have forgotten the last line of that rhyme.
I think I may be the only person left on earth who still believes that there's no such thing as bad publicity. :sad:

Last edited:
Are there two major sports teams with the same name ? (Golden state )

The way things are going warriors like bullets won’t be acceptable, honestly surprised GS hasn’t been pressured maybe due to them being hot of recent or being on the west coast

St. Louis Cardinals
Arizona Cardinals

New York Jets
Winnipeg Jets

Texas Rangers
New York Rangers

GMR, I guess that I'm just trying to laugh to keep from crying. I find it so sad & depressing that the most fashionable trend by the population these days is to find something to be offended about. You would think that people would eventually get tired of expending so much emotional energy over things that aren't going to change their lives one bit. I actually know some middle age white guys who are angry that in every TV commercial featuring a criminal or foolish person, the character is always portrayed as a middle age white guy. I mean, who cares?!? How dumb for anyone to lose sleep over stuff like this! :jpshakehead:

I've completely lost track of what things are politically incorrect anymore because the list changes almost daily. How many individuals have to claim that something is offensive before it becomes the next new taboo description or phrase? 1000? 100? 10? 2? There are a lot of 'bullies' in the world who enjoy picking on others. But in reality there is nothing we can do to control how they feel about us but to just be the better person. I think we all sang that 'Sticks & Stones' song as kids. But somewhere along the line most adults seem to have forgotten the last line of that rhyme.
I think I may be the only person left on earth who still believes that there's no such thing as bad publicity. :sad:

"These days"? Come on.

"These days"? Come on.
Well, I don't remember it being this bad back when I was young. Of course that was many decades ago.
Lately I just try not to have any opinions about anything. No matter what it is, I'm pretty sure it'll be wrong. :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom