Investors Ask Pepsi, FedEx, and Nike To End Relationship With Washington Redskins (1 Viewer)

So how much do you have to have in your blood to be “actual”? Is 1/4 enough to 1/2? 1/2 if you live off of a reservation but 1/4 is enough if you live on a reservation? Do you get a bonus factor if the 1/2 comes from your mom’s side instead of your dad’s side?

Different tribes have different criteria, but I’m pretty sure it’s all more stringent than ”my moms dad says we once had a Native American aunt”
14C2029C-6663-4130-8E9A-5DE98233EA8A.jpeg

I think they call that "virtue signaling", which I wouldn't know much about. Virtue is not 1 of my virtues.

It usually seems to be fake hustle on the part of wannabes, for sure.

It's even funnier to watch a wannabe, in person, trying to have a conversation with someone who fits the racial origin of their flavor-of-the-month "cause". It is so awkward and so forced. It's like no matter how many times they've said what they thought were all the right things.........At the end of the day, they simply forget that people are just people, and want to be addressed as such. Not with dialogue that sounds like something a movie character would say.

Imagine being so hateful and/or insensitive to the plight of others that you rail against the idea that a team with an offensive name, a team that you probably don't even support, is being asked to change that name because it's a racial slur.

Imagine the FedEx guy literally 6 years ago at this time saying he didn't have any dogs in this, and now suddenly making a big deal out of it.

People are allowed to change their views, I get it. But on the surface, this simply looks more like a situation where someone is saying what they think others want to hear.......and jumping on the current flavor-of-the-month.

Imagine the FedEx guy literally 6 years ago at this time saying he didn't have any dogs in this, and now suddenly making a big deal out of it.

People are allowed to change their views, I get it. But on the surface, this simply looks more like a situation where someone is saying what they think others want to hear.......and jumping on the current flavor-of-the-month.

Do you believe the same about Brees's change of heart? Maybe you've said, but if so - I've missed it.

If I was forced to change the name of my team I'd probably come up with a new annoying name like the Washington Goodells or the Washington Florios. Or maybe he should change it to the Washington Snyders.

Do you believe the same about Brees's change of heart? Maybe you've said, but if so - I've missed it.

I believe Brees went the extra mile to clarify what we already knew, and that's that he had zero ill-will in his statements. As others have said....... And I will agree with this...... His timing was more problematic than anything he actually said.

I don't believe he is suddenly just all the way cool with kneeling during the anthem, no. And I don't know that he ever just point blank said he was (feel free to correct me if he did, I just don't remember seeing it). I suspect the recent tragic event in Minneapolis reinforced to him the notion that awareness needs to be brought to certain things (meaning I don't think he was "enlightened" by it..... Given that he's not an unintelligent or bigoted individual to begin with.... But certain events can serve as reminders or reinforcements).

If they change the name I think they’ll just go with Skins since a lot of people call them that anyway. I like Washington Senators like their old baseball team.

If I were Snyder I would want out before changing a major brand. Give me market value for the Redskins and let the new owner change the name to Warhawks or Wizards or whatever they want. Gives the NFL an opportunity to get another minority owner. Works out best for everyone.

FedEx is a publicly traded company with a board and shareholders. If enough of them are communicating to him that they want the company to change its position, that's not saying "what they think others want to hear" - that's actually saying what others do want to hear . . . others that matter.

If they change the name I think they’ll just go with Skins since a lot of people call them that anyway. I like Washington Senators like their old baseball team.

If I were Snyder I would want out before changing a major brand. Give me market value for the Redskins and let the new owner change the name to Warhawks or Wizards or whatever they want. Gives the NFL an opportunity to get another minority owner. Works out best for everyone.

They won't go with Skins. That's not even really changing it, it's still very clearly a shortened version of the old name.

They'll be the Washington Warriors by kickoff of the next football season, whenever that may be.

Warhawks. But they aren't a brand valued at over 2 billion. Imagine if Jerry Jones had to change the name of the Cowboys. This isn't at that level, but it's up there. Don't be surprised if someone targets Saints one day.

Being discussed. Right now City of New Orleans focusing on renaming streets. But the day could come.

Being discussed. Right now City of New Orleans focusing on renaming streets. But the day could come.

I guess "find other things to think about" and/or "don't acknowledge its existence or buy anything with that symbol if it offends you" work as realistic options anymore.

Hence, RIP Aunt Jemima 😫

I guess "find other things to think about" and/or "don't acknowledge its existence or buy anything with that symbol if it offends you" work as realistic options anymore.

Hence, RIP Aunt Jemima 😫

Does the name change of Aunt Jemima's product change your quality of life in any way?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom