Investors Ask Pepsi, FedEx, and Nike To End Relationship With Washington Redskins (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good.

I don't understand what's so hard by renaming to Washington Warriors or Washington (Ethically Appropriate Tribal Name)
Just a theory, but I’ve always thought they’ve always steered clear of a name change was due to its history. Once they change the name, you won’t be able to show or display old highlights like the Oilers.
If Washington had the Falcons history, the name would’ve gotten changed in the 90s in my opinion.

Just a theory, but I’ve always thought they’ve always steered clear of a name change was due to its history. Once they change the name, you won’t be able to show or display old highlights like the Oilers.
If Washington had the Falcons history, the name would’ve gotten changed in the 90s in my opinion.

I mean... What highlights have Redskins plastered all over it. That seems like a cop out. The logo is generic. All you got to do is blur out the Redskin stadum lettering.

That seems like a cop out excuse that Dan Sydney would use, tho.

Plus, Redskin don't have a lot of highlights to begin with...

I mean... What highlights have Redskins plastered all over it. That seems like a cop out. The logo is generic. All you got to do is blur out the Redskin stadum lettering.

Those championships. If they had nothing, the name would’ve been changed. And yeah. I agree it’s a cop out.

No recent highlights but the Gibbs years ( the first go-round)were classic.

Those championships. If they had nothing, the name would’ve been changed. And yeah. I agree it’s a cop out.
I'm pretty sure NFL would facilitate in giving rebrand lombardi plates. Those things ain't anything special. The rings would have to disappear tho.

I'm pretty sure NFL would facilitate in giving rebrand lombardi plates. Those things ain't anything special. The rings would have to disappear tho.
It’s just hard to handle. Keep in mind, this isn’t a regular type of rebrand like the Oilers to Titans where you can basically keep the same history. Once they change the name the name, they won’t be able to say the old one.
I agree, it’s stupid. In my opinion, they can change it to the Warriors and keep the colors.

The basketball team used to be named the bullets and they won a ring, so at least there is a small precedent.

Would you give up your ring or stop wearing it?

Would you give up your ring or stop wearing it?
I'm talking about not having it on display. Teams tend to have their ring and Lombardi in glass case... I'd understand if you never seen one if you only been to Saint Atlanta road games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom