Ipad Mini 4 opinions? (1 Viewer)

So...I finally received the Ipad. It's sharp. It's cool.

What do I use it for? I set up all my accounts and it's fine and all. But it doesn't do anything I wasn't already doing on the phone. Is there a benefit to tablets anymore? I've got a 3 month old so perhaps it'll be good in a year or so for her purposes. Should I sell it? Keep it around? Hmm...

i use it for portable internet... i dont like to post on my phone and my PC is a desktop.

i use it for portable internet... i dont like to post on my phone and my PC is a desktop.

I’m actually coming around to it as a consumption device. The screen is pretty fantastic. It’s very much redundant but since it’s more or less free, it’s been nice to have around. I think what sold me was searching for and booking a hotel room with others. I could have done it on the phone but it was nicer on a tablet that I could slide over for others to view.

I still dislike the software though. Android has Apple beat by a mile. But I don’t think there’s a tablet with current Android anyway as it seems google is preparing to roll out something new soon. So for now this seems to be the best of what’s on the market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the 128GB wifi version from BB a few months ago for $225. I'm using it for transferring and backing up images when on trips. It's nice having it for Lightroom CC usage.

I got the 128GB wifi version from BB a few months ago for $225. I'm using it for transferring and backing up images when on trips. It's nice having it for Lightroom CC usage.

Do you load them locally through the camera WiFi? I’ve got a subscription to Lightroom but haven’t embraced their cloud services yet.

i have an ipad pro, and honestly, i still use my phone for just about everything mobile.

Do you load them locally through the camera WiFi? I’ve got a subscription to Lightroom but haven’t embraced their cloud services yet.

No, I'm using an adapter from the lighting cable to the cameras mini USB port. Wifi had been kinda iffy with my a6500 but seems much improved with the new a7III.

No, I'm using an adapter from the lighting cable to the cameras mini USB port. Wifi had been kinda iffy with my a6500 but seems much improved with the new a7III.
Oh I'm interested in your thoughts on the a7iii vs 6500. I'm still digging on my a6300. I've got a nice lineup of crop sensor lenses so it'd be a complete system switch if I went full frame. But I can't say I'm not curious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oh I'm interested in your thoughts on the a7iii vs 6500. I'm still digging on my a6300. I've got a nice lineup of crop sensor lenses so it'd be a complete system switch if I went full frame. But I can't say I'm not curious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Very impressed with with what you get in the price point for a FF camera. The the higher ISO's are very good! Much improved over the a6500. IQ is better but not marginally so. The DR is really allows you to open up the shadow detail. Focusing is fast and Eye AF works fantastic locking on the subjects eye.

I did part ways with my crop glass and took a little hit selling them but not too bad. I managed to get $1100 for the body.

Purchased the 16-35 f/4 and 24-105 f/4. Both are really nice in my usage so far. I've seen some excellent results with the a7III and Batis 18mm ‑ F/2.8.

Oh and the battery life is great!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom