iPad vs Kindle Fire (1 Viewer)

You should go play with these devices and see which one fits you better? You'll have an endless debate over which platform OTHER people prefer by asking such questions.

while this is often true, thus far the bulk of replies on this thread tend to focus on what it will be used for and not personal preference. Optimus, since you say it is primarily for work, I would lean toward the Ipad or another tablet if you have the coin. I love my Fire but it really is geared more toward entertainment.

Yeah, I guess I don't see my kindle fire HD as a "work" tablet. It's all for media consumption. Not sure how well it runs aps for office to go or whatever. I guess you can look up some online reviews that talk about the office type aps on it and how they work. otherwise, maybe a samsung galaxy is a better answer.

If it's between the two, go with the Kindle... THEN ROOT IT. With Android rooting and flashing a new ROM is always the way to go.

My, you are getting many varied responses. But that is to be expected. I currently use an iPad 2. I have used the original Kindle Fire, but not the new one. I also have the Google Nexus 7. I used it for a while and gave it to my daughter. For what it sounds like you want to do, I would use the iPad. Mostly because if you are reviewing and editing documents, the screen size may prove to be easier for your purpose. I tried some of that with the Nexus and kept having to zoom in and out when reviewing documents. I don't have to do that with the iPad.

Note that if you go to the Apple store and look up refurbished iPads, the price was just reduced on the wifi/3g models of the iPad 2 and 3. If I didn't already have the iPad 2, I would be getting one of these. Of course, the refurb wifi only versions are also discounted.

I don't know how quickly you were going to act but this news intrigues me. I have always liked the smaller sizes for convenience and travel factors.

Affordable Ipad minis

A $200-$250 iPad Mini would pose a nice threat as Android devices continue to gain on the company's share of the tablet market.

will be interesting if the speculation is correct.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom