iPhone case/wallet (1 Viewer)

If the form worked I did not care what it looked like (most were black anyway)
But the way AK wears his fannypack - slung like a bandolier- was the form of one of my favorite bags
Cellphone slot (honestly I’m pretty sure it was an MP3 player slot) and wallet slot on the sling in the front
And then a catchall in the back (you could maybe get 3 paperbacks in there
nerd

I've been using Spigen cases for a few years now and they've been great. Funny story though, my mom got her first smart phone recently and I told her to make sure she bought a case for it asap. She tells me "yeah, I bought a bag especially for it." A bag?!?! "Yeah, it's got a little wrist strap and everything so I don't drop it." But it's a protective case, right? So if you do drop it it will be protected? "Oh yeah."

A week later she's telling me how she's already broken the screen because she dropped it taking it out of its bag. 😒

Last edited:
I’m a fan of UAG cases. Think I’ve had them on my last 4 or 5 phones + my tablet.

But I’ve only been using the case on and off (hah!) since I got my 12. The square edges are easier for my baby hands to grip, so I only have the case on if I’m somewhere I’m worried about a drop.

I go with this for case

i-Blason Ares Case for iPhone 11... Amazon product ASIN B07X2GCPGF
And for wallet

Buffway Slim Minimalist Front Pocket RFID Blocking Leather Wallets for Men Women - Carbon Fiber Coffee Amazon product ASIN B07SQJRRPF
Absolutely love both. I have that groovy lilac iPhone pictured above and I like to show it off since it matches my lip gloss. I had an otter box for the iPad but it was uncomfortable to hold one handed which I do much of the time.

You can have my chain wallet when you pry it from my JNCOs

My wife used one for a while. But she took it out because the wallet, while nice, just gets in the way too much.

I have a simple otterbox for my Note 10+. I have too much stuff in my wallet to practically use with a phone/wallet combo.

Soon enough, everything in my wallet will have an app version, so wallets will become a thing of the past. The only issue is the driver's license. Once we go virtual with IDs and DLs as well as no physical cash, wallets will be phased out. Which would be nice.
I have the thing that sticks to your phone case allowing you to carry drivers license, cash, debit card, etc. so I can leave my bulky wallet in the car.

The case is is a Tech21.

Used to be
And tbh I was a bag/purse man way before it was cool (and it IS cool)
In NY I needed a bag that worked on a bike (or subway, but that was easy)
At times it needed to hold clothes for class then rehearsal then maybe work or meet up for a movie later
So it also needed to separate wet & dry clothes
Also needed to be comfortable enough for much walking

then on tour you would want a ‘European carryall’ - hated carrying a passport in my pockets and often hotel keys were huge ‘no way Americans can lose these’ devices

the quest to find the right ones was ever lasting
Cam Newton, is that you??

Says the guy who carries his lunch and water bottles to work in a Walmart reusable bag :hihi:

A fashion plate I am not.

I’m still looking for a new case for my iPhone 12 Pro Max (damn that’s a long name).
I’ve got a Spigen screen protector. The system they use to mount it is the best I’ve seen from any manufacturer. It eliminates bubbles and mounts the glass perfectly every single time. Very high quality IMO.

I tried using a Speck “Perfect Clear” case but the buttons for it suck. You have to put way too much effort into pushing them. Also, the case is very bulky. That really matters, IMO, when you have a phone as big as this. I ended up returning it. I really like the look of the blue phone and I didn’t want to cover it up. I’m looking for a minimalist clear case option at this point. I think it would be a good idea if a manufacturer made a frosted screen protector for the backside of the phone and a clear, but slim, plastic bumper for the edges. The phone is already very shatter resistant so at this point I’m just looking to prevent scratches...

BTW, I got the 12ProMax because of screen size and the superior cameras. I took over 10K pics with my old XSMax. I have a Nikon DSLR and use it all the time but nothing beats pulling out a phone for fast but high quality pics. I’ve managed some great shots with the iPhone, especially since getting the FOCOS app, which gives the user more control. I also wanted a much larger screen for driving purposes. It also makes it easier to read without my glasses.

I’m still looking for a new case for my iPhone 12 Pro Max (damn that’s a long name).
I’ve got a Spigen screen protector. The system they use to mount it is the best I’ve seen from any manufacturer. It eliminates bubbles and mounts the glass perfectly every single time. Very high quality IMO.

I tried using a Speck “Perfect Clear” case but the buttons for it suck. You have to put way too much effort into pushing them. Also, the case is very bulky. That really matters, IMO, when you have a phone as big as this. I ended up returning it. I really like the look of the blue phone and I didn’t want to cover it up. I’m looking for a minimalist clear case option at this point. I think it would be a good idea if a manufacturer made a frosted screen protector for the backside of the phone and a clear, but slim, plastic bumper for the edges. The phone is already very shatter resistant so at this point I’m just looking to prevent scratches...

BTW, I got the 12ProMax because of screen size and the superior cameras. I took over 10K pics with my old XSMax. I have a Nikon DSLR and use it all the time but nothing beats pulling out a phone for fast but high quality pics. I’ve managed some great shots with the iPhone, especially since getting the FOCOS app, which gives the user more control. I also wanted a much larger screen for driving purposes. It also makes it easier to read without my glasses.
I got the 12PM too, all the specs are awesome and the iPhone 5 style chassis is just plan spectacular!!

just downloaded FOCOS thanks. Love the bokeh control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom