iPhone or Droid? (1 Viewer)

Has anybody tried the official release for froyo from att? I'm wondering if it's really worth it to flash to stock and use that.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I would wait for verizon to get a lte compatible iPhone then go that route

Until then everything else seems like a waste

Has anybody tried the official release for froyo from att? I'm wondering if it's really worth it to flash to stock and use that.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Nope, can't say that I've did. If you really love bloat-ware, not being able to tether, the very laggy rfs file system, and only being able to install apps from the market, then the stock Froyo might be for you!

Ps, there are great roms, without the above things, that are based on official captivate releases--- firefly, andromedia, etc. I recommend firefly.

i got a text today from AT&T telling me they've releasing an official froyo update for the captivate. it's nice and all but i'm still tryin to convince myself to flash a custom rom and get it over with

What are you waiting for... you've been saying this for months. You will NOT ruin your phone.

yeah i know.. i'm shootin for sometime this upcoming week. i'm off wednesday so i should have plenty of time to mess with it

I'm your man, man. Twenty gotz ill flashin skills, homie.

Seriously, whenever you come to Lafayette, I can flash a rom and load back all your apps in about 15 minutes.

Nope, can't say that I've did. If you really love bloat-ware, not being able to tether, the very laggy rfs file system, and only being able to install apps from the market, then the stock Froyo might be for you!

Ps, there are great roms, without the above things, that are based on official captivate releases--- firefly, andromedia, etc. I recommend firefly.
I'm actually still on Doc's rom. Only issue I've had with it is battery time. I bought an extended battery from amazon a few days ago, should be here on Monday. With root access we can get around all the bloatware and such, but I was just wondering if it was more stable. I haven't tried the firefly rom, is it getting good battery usage/no dropped calls/good modem/not having to restart every day?

I'm actually still on Doc's rom. Only issue I've had with it is battery time. I bought an extended battery from amazon a few days ago, should be here on Monday. With root access we can get around all the bloatware and such, but I was just wondering if it was more stable. I haven't tried the firefly rom, is it getting good battery usage/no dropped calls/good modem/not having to restart every day?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Firefly is a captivate-based rom, unlike doc's. Imo, its the best out there across the board. I've been using it as my daily driver for a while, only switching to other roms to give them a try. I always end up back on firefly. Give it a go, you won't be dissappointed. Just flash it right over, from recovery (NOT ROM MANGER), but be sure to delete cache/data beforehand. If you have any problems, go back to stock, master clean, then flash it again.

After many, many years with his and hers Razr V3's through Centennial Wireless, I'm going with AT&T...an HTC Surround for me and a Samsung Rugby II for Wifey.

AT&T is like an old shoe. I'm used to them and the stupid way they do things.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for helping me make the call.

Just flashed Firefly. Pretty darn smooth, I haven't unplugged my phone yet, so we'll see how the battery life is (I have an extended battery and was getting about 24 hours with normal to heavy usage).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom