iPhone or Droid? (1 Viewer)

That video is the funniest s**t I've seen in a while:smilielol:
My wife has an Iphone and I tease her all the time about Droid taking over and the death of the Iphone(I just hate apple)anyway, funny stuff...

I'm getting a bit better with using the Captivate now, but I don't have the capabilities to play flash video, and I heard froyo incudes the flash player. A couple questions, is everything still running smoothly? If so where and how did you download it from? Did it save all the info on your phone when you switched over?

To say everything is running smoothly (compared to stock) would be an understatement. I do have a flash player, and it works. To be honest though, the capability is something that I would not miss at all if I did not have it. Having the ability to play flash on your phone sounds a lot better in theory than it is practical. But, there are so many other things that makes FROYO leaps and bounds better, to many to list. Also, there are apps to use that enables you to keep your apps and their data, so you won't really lose anything.

Check your PM.

I currently have an iphone 3gs and the Captivate. I also had the iphone 4 at launch, but returned it for the Captivate when it launched a few weeks later. As of right now, my iphone 3gs' only duty is playing an alarm clock in my living room, one that I have to get out of bed for to turn it off. Other than that, its useless to me as long as I have the Captivate. The ONLY issue I have with my Captivate at the moment is the crappy gps. It is serviceable now, after a couple hacks, but still not great by any measure. Other than that, the thing is blindingly fast (running Android 2.2 with the Axura RC1 ROM overclocked with a lagfix), plays any kind of media I throw at it, and is ridiculously customizable. If you are not scared to jump right in and actually learn about it and ways to make it better, I highly recommend it over the iphone. It can just do sooo much more. If all you want is to be able to take your phone out of the box and use it the way the manufacturer thinks is best for you, than the iphone should be your choice (I am assuming that you already know the iphone's capabilities).

Bottom line is that they are both great phones. Don't forget about AT&T's 30-day return policy. If you can't seem to make your mind up, pick one up for a "test drive" and see if it suits your needs. If not, bring it back for the other.

Edit: Both phones can do what you mentioned out of he box, and they both have the Sunday Ticket Apps.

Axura:worthy:

That's what I'm running also. Had Cognition, but Axura wipes the floor with it.

Droid X. we have three in our family! big screen is everything. oh and the 720 hd video is incredible.

Yes it does, and its back! I was waiting for rc2 and seen the drama that unfolded sat. night and almost cried. I used all the cogs, then up to perception 4, then axura. It is by far the best available imo. However, I'm on the Assonance 3.1 with the froyo black theme from the vibrants right now and am absolutely loving it. GPS on this is the best I've seen by far, but the battery life is subpar. On another note, I'm all set up and ready to go when Axura rc2.1 gets released tomorrow (hopefully)!

Yes it does, and its back! I was waiting for rc2 and seen the drama that unfolded sat. night and almost cried. I used all the cogs, then up to perception 4, then axura. It is by far the best available imo. However, I'm on the Assonance 3.1 with the froyo black theme from the vibrants right now and am absolutely loving it. GPS on this is the best I've seen by far, but the battery life is subpar. On another note, I'm all set up and ready to go when Axura rc2.1 gets released tomorrow (hopefully)!

Yes, I'm excited too. Looking like it won't be till tomorrow though (8th).

The Gingerbread ROMS should be coming soon.

Yes, I'm excited too. Looking like it won't be till tomorrow though (8th).

The Gingerbread ROMS should be coming soon.

Ok, Axura 2.1 came out late last night. I just flashed it, and am waiting for my apps to install. Haven't really got to test it out yet though. I was running into to many problems with Assonance.... droppin calls and battery drain like a biatch, so this dropped at a perfect time. The only issue I've noticed on it so far is that the wifi scan bug (scan every 5 secs when under settings, but don't know if it keeps scanning like that during normal operation when wifi is on) is not fixed. I went back to stock and master cleared before flashing, so hopefully I won't run into problems.

lvsaintsfan, I am off today and don't mind taking some time to help you turn your phone from a weedeater-powered bicycle to a new Ferrari. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes from start to finish, being that you are already on "stock". PM me when you want a real phone!

Ok, Axura 2.1 came out late last night. I just flashed it, and am waiting for my apps to install. Haven't really got to test it out yet though. I was running into to many problems with Assonance.... droppin calls and battery drain like a biatch, so this dropped at a perfect time. The only issue I've noticed on it so far is that the wifi scan bug (scan every 5 secs when under settings, but don't know if it keeps scanning like that during normal operation when wifi is on) is not fixed. I went back to stock and master cleared before flashing, so hopefully I won't run into problems.

lvsaintsfan, I am off today and don't mind taking some time to help you turn your phone from a weedeater-powered bicycle to a new Ferrari. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes from start to finish, being that you are already on "stock". PM me when you want a real phone!

I'm running Axura 2.1 right now also, my apps just finished updating. No problems so far. Web is pretty snappy, however my quadrant scores are pretty low. Any idea why? I I'm getting like 1100 which is odd for a rom running voodoo.

How can I get i-tunes on my Droid?

Is there an app out there I'm not aware of???

What do you mean by "get itunes" on it? If you want to sync your music with the ituned on your comp, there are apps for that, I think. I will check for you. However, imo, there are better ways than managing your music with itunes. For example, winamp now has an app that will keep your music synced via wifi. I personally just drag/drop what I want on my phone, and wmp makes this easy as I can simply just drag whole playlist over, but have also played around with syncing with winamp... it works nicely btw. I for one was very happy to ditch itunes when I left iOS. Maybe someone else that still uses itunes for management can chime in.

Yeah Claw I would like to sync my music that I have on my I-Tunes account to my droid. I have no clue how. I'm not tech savy:idunno:

I'm running Axura 2.1 right now also, my apps just finished updating. No problems so far. Web is pretty snappy, however my quadrant scores are pretty low. Any idea why? I I'm getting like 1100 which is odd for a rom running voodoo.

I was getting the same thing, sub-1100 scores. Its def. something related to the new kernal used and just the vanilla Voodoo lagix. Its also supposed to use the voodoo voices, but I did not hear it. I (and others in the thread) think the lagix was not enabled, and I found random ERRORS within the Voodoo log files. I really notice the difference in some apps too, like the espn app. App drawer scrolls choppy too, imo. Hans said he is going back to the other kernal on the next release since voodoo seems to be more trouble than its worth. I am digging the gingerbread keyboard though.

I wanted my "speed" back, so I went back to RC1 for now, and flashed the froyo black theme from the vibrant forum over it, which surprisingly works. I rather the Assonance 4.3 than this, but the black theme is giving it fits and the roms built in one sucks. I am trying to convince myself to just stay put with this setup for a while until the official 2.2 source code comes out. I probably flashed 20 times already this week, I need to stop this sheete and just enjoy my phone! I doubt that I truly "set-up" my phone in a freaking week because of my more than daily flash habbit. But on the other hand, I will probably just break down and give the A2 another shot, but with swapping the current kernal with Sitron's 1.4.3 OC/UV kernal. I suspect that it will rock, and will hopefully play nice with the Black theme. Let me know how it works out for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Yeah Claw I would like to sync my music that I have on my I-Tunes account to my droid. I have no clue how. I'm not tech savy:idunno:

Go here:
http://maketecheasier.com/4-free-tools-to-sync-itunes-music-to-android/2010/11/19

I have noticed that Sailing Media Sync is quite popular recently, but I have not used it. I also think that the new winamp app can sync with itunes, so you might want to check that out. At the moment, I can't test any of these methods for you because I do not have itunes installed on any of my computers. Let me know if you get it working, as I will install itunes to test and help you out. I'm curious about this as well.

Ok, I might be on to something regarding this. I have a question for you. When you flashed 2.1, how did you do it? More specifically, how did you initially flash the update.zip? What I did, and always do when I go back to stock and MC, is just move update.zip back to phone along with the rom, and go into recovery and flash the update, then flash the ROM (and bypass having to root again and install Rom Manager again). The update.zip I've been using is atleast a month old (probably have not had Rom Manager installed since then actually), and one where I "flashed for Captivate" for in Rom Manager. Well, with this ROM (ported from the Vibrant one), I think initially we should be "flashing Vibrant" in ROM Manager, and subsequently using that update.zip. I am seeing reports of people being in the 1800's with this same ROM and Kernal, so there has to be something to it.

I broke down and got the Captivate tonight. Thanks to everybody for the input! The deal breaker was the larger screen and the ability to get second party apps (and I don't have iTunes)...

if you haven't already, flash to FroYo as soon as you can.

I had the Captivate for two days before I rooted it, then a few days later OTA flashed it via the ROM Manager to 2.2. It makes it a completely different phone.
GPS works, Flash works, it overclocks and is quicker, the UI is much more friendly, and of course....you can remove all the bloatware and install non-market apps.

It is frustrating as a consumer that this kind of functionality wouldn't be stock (completely ******** that the consumer HAS to do extra mod work to get a device worth carrying around), but in the end, this hammers the iphone now (because I was thinking of returning it to get the iphone4 before I flashed it)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom