iPod and Windows Vista (1 Viewer)

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I recently got a new computer with Vista on it. Every time a hook my iPod to it, it says that there is a problem with the disc and it needs to scan it. It's wrong since the iPod has worked fine. Then, when I eject the iPod, I get the noise saying it was not properly ejected before I disconnected it. I've tried ejecting it from iTunes, the safely remove hardware icon and from the My Computer section.

It hasn't caused a problem so far, but the noise is annoying when it disconnects and I'm afraid it might cause a problem long term. Anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

And yes, I know that I could switch back to XP or use Leopard.:hihi:

OP
St. Widge

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured there had to be some sort of patch. After all, Microsoft loves patches. Why actually test and perfect a products before selling it when you can just have the consumer test and debug for you?

OP
St. Widge

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, so I tried to update with the patches, but Windows says that I am already updated and the patches are installed. But, I still get the warning noise when I disconnect my iPod no matter how I eject it. Any ideas on how to fix this or is it nothing to worry about?

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Reaction score
I think you have two separate issues, the first one, the warning about checking the disk, is something you will get when inserting any removable drive such as a flash drive, external hard disk, etc. Windows is treating your iPod as a removable drive. If you allow it to check it, it shouldnt appear anymore (thats not to say you should with your iPod,). The second one Ive not encountered yet so, I dont have a cure.

Saint77

Burrrrrrrsitis!
Reaction score
Alright, so I tried to update with the patches, but Windows says that I am already updated and the patches are installed. But, I still get the warning noise when I disconnect my iPod no matter how I eject it. Any ideas on how to fix this or is it nothing to worry about?
You could try removing the patches in question and then reinstalling them.

OP
St. Widge

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think you have two separate issues, the first one, the warning about checking the disk, is something you will get when inserting any removable drive such as a flash drive, external hard disk, etc. Windows is treating your iPod as a removable drive. If you allow it to check it, it shouldnt appear anymore (thats not to say you should with your iPod,). The second one Ive not encountered yet so, I dont have a cure.

I'm not so worried about the scan thing. It's a little annoying, but it doesn't really hurt anything. I'm more concerned about it corrupting the iPod when I remove it. I'll try removing the patches and reinstalling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom