Ireland: NFC South rival had UFA agreement with Stevens. So Saints drafted him instead (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
That’s cool and all, but I’m guessing. We won’t carry 4 QBs on the roster. So.. what are the scenarios? Will we have a 2nd gadget player. Will we try to stash him on the ps? I think he’d get scooped up. Is there a chance the Saints could like him so much, they try to trade or release Winston? I’m just trying to guess the vision here.

My only problem with this is that he is going to have a tough time making our 53 man roster. My best guess is he's going to be Sean Payton's new Dan Arnold... Build-a-TE project player. With 3 TEs on the team, 4 if you count Taysom. Unless he proves to be a very valuable special teams player or somehow beats out Josh Hill or Trautman for a roster spot... He's liable to end up on the practice squad where they could snipe him right back and we'd be out a 6th round pick next year for nothing. (although I'm not huge on hanging on to 6th and 7th round picks anyway) But still. It could easily turn out that we drafted him for our rival.

That’s cool and all, but I’m guessing. We won’t carry 4 QBs on the roster. So.. what are the scenarios? Will we have a 2nd gadget player. Will we try to stash him on the ps? I think he’d get scooped up. Is there a chance the Saints could like him so much, they try to trade or release Winston? I’m just trying to guess the vision here.

The Saints made him send them extensive videos of him running routes. My guess is he will be a TE/WR on gameday if he pans out. I'm thinking Edelman here. Also if it works out this way, he's a great backup to have on the roster in case Taysom gets injured.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom