theSpaniard

Make It Rain
Reaction score
010808_hillary_shirt_2.jpg
Hillary Hecklers Yell ‘Iron My Shirt!’ at New Hampshire Campaign Stop

<!-- No Summary -->by Associated Press
Monday, January 7, 2008
red_strike.gif
<!-- no image and no caption -->SALEM, N.H. — Hillary Rodham Clinton’s campaign stop was interrupted Monday when two men stood in the crowd and began screaming, “Iron my shirt!” during one of her final appearances before the New Hampshire primary.
Clinton, a former first lady running to become the nation’s first female president, laughed at the seemingly sexist protest that suggested a woman’s place is doing the laundry and not running the country.
“Ah, the remnants of sexism — alive and well,” Clinton said to applause in a school auditorium.
The two men were removed from the hall after raising a pair of signs that said, “Iron my shirt!” They also shouted the same slogan.
“Can we turn the lights on? It’s awfully dark,” Clinton said, cueing the lights to come and police to come forward to take the men away.
The overflow crowd burst into applause and some began shouting, “Iron my shirt” as the two were taken from the hall.
“As I think has been abundantly demonstrated, I am also running to break through the highest and hardest glass ceiling,” she said.
Clinton later joked about the incident as she invited questions.
“If there’s anyone left in the auditorium who wants to learn how to iron a shirt, I’ll talk about that,” she said with a smile.
Clinton placed a disappointing third place in Iowa’s caucuses last week, and faces a tough challenge in Tuesday’s primary from Barack Obama, who leads her with just one day remaining.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008...iron-my-shirt-at-new-hampshire-campaign-stop/

I betcha I could iron a shirt better then she could anyhow.

Why do I feel like this is a campaign stunt?

After Iowa she has changed her tune to more of an underdog role. She has been pushing the issue of how much she has had to go through to get where she is today for the last week. She lost the vote of the women to Obama in Iowa, what a better way to get them back in Nh. I'm not buying.

After Iowa she has changed her tune to more of an underdog role. She has been pushing the issue of how much she has had to go through to get where she is today for the last week. She lost the vote of the women to Obama in Iowa, what a better way to get them back in Nh. I'm not buying.

Definitely a possibility. It could have been a plant in an effort to secure the raging estrogen vote. I think it will fail. My wife was watching the tearfilled "I care" BS and said "that's why a woman should not be president!" I told her I disagree, I don't have a problem with having a woman president, just not an evil incarnate woman president.

Last edited:

I don't think it's a stunt. This 'Iron My Shirt' sign has come up at other rallies, it's definitely just some pranksters if you ask me.

Iron%20My%20Shirt.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom