Irony (1 Viewer)

Tundra06

Official Saints Crunkman
Reaction score
Have you noticed that this yeaar we beat a team in dramatic fashion (Dallas) just like we did last year in Miami (Dolphins)? What makes it ironic is that we ended up coming back to their stadium and leaving as Superbowl Champions. Hmmm. I am sure that Peyton has mentioned this to the team, and is going to use this victory as inspiration to ride the wave.

Good observation, Tundra. I was thinking the exact same thing last night.

I told my brother something similar last nite.

Except this isn't irony, it's something akin to crazy coincidence. Irony is drowning while takng swimming lessons or accidentally burning your house down while installing fire alarms or having a heart attack while exercising.

I thought Irony ran well again last night. I wish he could stay healthy, cause he looks like he's got a bright future.

With a healthy Irony, this team becomes much more versatile.

I thought Irony ran well again last night. I wish he could stay healthy, cause he looks like he's got a bright future.

With a healthy Irony, this team becomes much more versatile.

Chris Irony = Beast! :scratch:

“We needed this victory, big time, especially with the way the NFC South is playing out,’’ Shanle said. “For us, this is a huge win as we get ready to play in December.

“I got to admit that it crossed my mind tonight. Last year, we played at Miami and beat them (46-34) during the season before we got there in Super Bowl XLIV. Who knows? Maybe this is déjà vu all over again. This would be a good place to come back to again.’’

A return trip to the Super Bowl would be priceless.

How would Peyton use this to motivate the colts?

Except this isn't irony, it's something akin to crazy coincidence. Irony is drowning while takng swimming lessons or accidentally burning your house down while installing fire alarms or having a heart attack while exercising.

how is having a heart attack while exercising ironic? im sure ppl do that all the time

Thanks for posting this. It drives me crazy when sportscasters and fans use words incorrectly. Irony tops the list as 99.9% time it's a coincidence not irony.

Thanks for posting this. It drives me crazy when sportscasters and fans use words incorrectly. Irony tops the list as 99.9% time it's a coincidence not irony.

It's not just sportscasters it's all media folks. This is probably the most misused
word that they speak. They use it to mean "strange coincidence", but nothing ironic about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom