IRS on the ball... (2 Viewers)

Yea we get back between 9 and 12 grand every year. Comes in hand y to pay off or pay down some of our larger bills.

Just curious but why do you give the gubment an interest free loan every year? Why not increase withholdings and keep more in your paycheck?

I'm still waiting for one of my brokerage firms to send a 1099-DIV, which they say they won't send until Feb 14th.

Just curious but why do you give the gubment an interest free loan every year? Why not increase withholdings and keep more in your paycheck?

I'm still waiting for one of my brokerage firms to send a 1099-DIV, which they say they won't send until Feb 14th.
I get asked this a lot but I honestly don't know. Just always did it that way and enjoy a large check right after the Christmas season. I know that I can put it in a savings account and make intrest but that is something I have never been good at. I tend to buy what I want when I want. A weakness of mine I guess.

I get asked this a lot but I honestly don't know. Just always did it that way and enjoy a large check right after the Christmas season. I know that I can put it in a savings account and make intrest but that is something I have never been good at. I tend to buy what I want when I want. A weakness of mine I guess.

I see. We have a rewards credit card that we use to pay for everything we can throughout the year. When December rolls around we redeem the points for cash and use it for Christmas gifts. Whatever works for each of us. :9:

I see. We have a rewards credit card that we use to pay for everything we can throughout the year. When December rolls around we redeem the points for cash and use it for Christmas gifts. Whatever works for each of us. :9:
Yea just an old habit from when I was young and wasn't making a lot of money and never wanted to owe anything at the end of the year and as my income grew so did the returns and I just rolled with it.

Yea we get back between 9 and 12 grand every year. Comes in hand y to pay off or pay down some of our larger bills.

So that's where that extra $7500 I had to pay went last year. :)

Accountant tells me every year to pay some quarterly and I never do. He told me to give myself a giant bonus at the end of the year. Check! Hopefully our company spent enough last year to offset any extras this year.

So that's where that extra $7500 I had to pay went last year. :)

Accountant tells me every year to pay some quarterly and I never do. He told me to give myself a giant bonus at the end of the year. Check! Hopefully our company spent enough last year to offset any extras this year.
That is how i kind of look at it. :9:

I don't get a yearly bonus and I see it the same way. It's no different than throwing it in a savings monthly, but at least it feels good.

I don't get a yearly bonus and I see it the same way. It's no different than throwing it in a savings monthly, but at least it feels good.

It is different in that the IRS doesn't pay you interest for holding onto your money throughout the year.

One would further compound the problem if, like Rob does, he pay off bills that have accumulated throughout the year since you’d be paying interest on debt that may not otherwise exist if you had the money in your pocket throughout the year.

As promised the IRS deposited my refund today, just 6 business days after filing.

LA on the other hand is not yet willing to even acknowledge receipt of my return on its website. Both returns were filed the same day (I even used the LA Dept. of Revenue's website to file my LA return to avoid having to pay to efile)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom