Is #10 too early to choose the cb cromartie? (1 Viewer)

if we got him in the 2nd that would be nice but i want to see him at the combine. if he does good there. i hope we get him in the 2nd.

if we got him in the 2nd that would be nice but i want to see him at the combine. if he does good there. i hope we get him in the 2nd.

You need to hope he has a terrible combine, otherwise he won't be there in the 2nd.

You need to hope he has a terrible combine, otherwise he won't be there in the 2nd.

Exactly...he's showed excellent closing speed on tackles and has pretty much been step for step with each WR he went man on man with....

well the deep ball was under thrown and the closing speed was there on two passes but i want to see him matched up with real speed.

I don't want to boast but I've been calling for us to take this kid since I saw his highlights from a game at the start of the college season. I have been calling for him as our third rounder, more recently our second.
Now I'm going to go out and say it. Take him in the first.
He is the only CB I have wanted us to take. Unfortunately what I said in take a LB or DT in the first and ARC in the second will have to change.
I didn't get to see the senior bowl but I wouldn't be surprised if he absolutely tore it up.
He is this years Patrick Willis IMO. Not really a great comparison, but he has been rising up draft boards for a while. From what you've said he had a great Senior Bowl. He will then be selected (hopefully) around number 10. This pick will be criticised as a big reach, but he will then have an amazing year and establish himself as one of the league's best. The highest I''ve seen him go on a mock is to the Packers in the first.
The important thing to remember is not that he was a bad player in high school so could only go to Tennesee St.
He was looked at by many major programs early in his high school career when he stood out on an average team. What put them off him was that in 4 years he had played for 4 schools. I think his Dad was in the army. Therefore he could only get into Tenn. St. because his Dad knew the coach.
He is probably my favourite non LSU player entering the draft. If we take him at 10 I will be so excited. He is so worth it.

I would take him on my team with the 10th.. he's a gamer.. the type of players the Saints need!

I must clarify if sedrick ellis is there (which he wont be) you take him, but I would take DRC without hesitation.

Last edited:
Top 10 players are getting PAID teams will not be as quick to pick a d-1AA player in the TOP 10. Maybe late in the first.

A #10 pick hardly makes anything. You have an inflated sense of what our draft pick will make.

they mentioned that he is working with Deon Sanders, and Mike Nolan said Deon last year tried to get him to take Devin Hester, so Nolan said Deon has an eye for talent.

He's a playmaker. He has the size and speed and instincts. Deon Sanders is training him and will train him for the combine. The coaches at the Senior Bowl put him at Safety during the week to force him to tackle and it shows in the game. He makes tackles.

Everybody on this board knows that SP doesn't care where the player comes from so the fact that he is out of TSU does not matter. He's showing his talent against D1 players all over the field. Ellis is having a beast of a game so he probably won't be there. LB always seem to drop so we could get a good LB in the second.

If he is 80% of what his cousin is he'd be better than most of the CBs in the league.

I don't want to boast but I've been calling for us to take this kid since I saw his highlights from a game at the start of the college season. I have been calling for him as our third rounder, more recently our second.
Now I'm going to go out and say it. Take him in the first.
He is the only CB I have wanted us to take. Unfortunately what I said in take a LB or DT in the first and ARC in the second will have to change.
I didn't get to see the senior bowl but I wouldn't be surprised if he absolutely tore it up.
He is this years Patrick Willis IMO. Not really a great comparison, but he has been rising up draft boards for a while. From what you've said he had a great Senior Bowl. He will then be selected (hopefully) around number 10. This pick will be criticised as a big reach, but he will then have an amazing year and establish himself as one of the league's best. The highest I''ve seen him go on a mock is to the Packers in the first.
The important thing to remember is not that he was a bad player in high school so could only go to Tennesee St.
He was looked at by many major programs early in his high school career when he stood out on an average team. What put them off him was that in 4 years he had played for 4 schools. I think his Dad was in the army. Therefore he could only get into Tenn. St. because his Dad knew the coach.
He is probably my favourite non LSU player entering the draft. If we take him at 10 I will be so excited. He is so worth it.

Thanks for the background info on him...

I would have no problem with him at #10. I think well see him go in the 1st round in a lot of mock drafts now...

Roddy White, Rashard Anderson,Lamar King, Bryan Thomas, hell Steve McNair and Jerry Rice. It happens, infrequently but it does.

Yep it happens...I'd throw Walter Payton in there as well.

He has looked very good in this game. But, you have to remember that the offenses in this game are very simple, the coverages being used are very simple and none of the receivers in this game are great players.

He has shown that he can compete and that he has the physical talent. The question is can he play the NFL game mentally and can he matchup with the more talented receivers?

That will take personal inteviews and people who do this for a living to decide. Personally, I think this game probably assures him being in the 1st round, but I'm not sure if he moves up more than that.

Now, I wouldn't go crazy if they took him at 10, but you can get better value by taking another player and/or trading down. IMO, when you pick at 10 you need to get a "impact" player at any position, offense or defense. I don't see Rogers-Cromarti as an impact player. He will likely be a good corner, but he doesn't have the upside of a great impact player. If they really want him, I say trade into the 20's and take him there. At that point, he is a reasonable value.

Of course, I too don't do this for a living, so take my opinion for what it's worth.:mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom