Is #10 too early to choose the cb cromartie? (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He looks like his cousin in the senior bowl , batting balls, intercepting and can tackle. we need this kid if he runs fast at the combine.

I think it would be too early for him because he is still a little raw but have potential, I wouldn't be comfortable with drafting him this high. I would rather a linebacker.

Does Cromartie do returns also? If we could get a top flight CB and return guy in one pick, I think it would be worth the 10th pick.

People downplay return men, but a guy who can get you an extra 10-15 yards of FP everytime he touches the ball is worth just as much as a WR who gets you the same in any given drive as far as I'm concerned.. Plus dude looks to be a beast at CB.

It would be a big reach if he were drafted that high. I think people are basically high on him because of his height and his name. That doesn't mean that DRC isn't playing well or hasn't played well, I think he is been outstanding but to raw to warrant a selection in the top ten.

Don't sleep on Leodis McKelvin out of Troy either who is an outstanding return man.

this kid is 6'2" and can jump, cover, and catch better than most receivers, I would love a draft with him in it, dan conner hasn't really impressed me, nor rivers (not physical enough). we need a cb that can threaten to int the ball, and he is tall and can do that, him and a DT that pressures qbs and we are set, lbs are deep in this draft and can be found later or FA

I think the Saints have an important decision to make if Cromartie is still on the board at #10. He should still be there...so maybe the Saints roll the dice and move down, pick up some picks, and get this guy. He looks like he could start from Day 1. We all know the Saints need help at CB, this guy has special written all over him....

No u can't go on that

I can't recall EVER seeing a player in a D-1AA school go in the first. People get clouded judgment on players cause of what they see in practice. Shoot David looked good in practice. lol Also our team has a dire need for a cb so any bright spot u see on a prospect. You are going to compare that to what we have now. His cousin is a rising star in the pro's don't make him one. U have to look at the whole make-up of a season. IMO i going to go for a more proven product in the first cause u know, Taliq,Mckelvin, and Jenkins have played and performed well against elite talent on a weekly basis. Not saying that this kid want be as good or better. But i look at those guys at the earliest second rd cause u invest so much in 1st rd.

I think he'll be there in the second..maybe third.Rodgers-Cromartie right? But that's just me

EDIT: Not taking anything away from the kid, he's an amazing athlete

Last edited:
I can't recall EVER seeing a player in a D-1AA school go in the first. People get clouded judgment on players cause of what they see in practice. Shoot David looked good in practice. lol Also our team has a dire need for a cb so any bright spot u see on a prospect. You are going to compare that to what we have now. His cousin is a rising star in the pro's don't make him one. U have to look at the whole make-up of a season. IMO i going to go for a more proven product in the first cause u know, Taliq,Mckelvin, and Jenkins have played and performed well against elite talent on a weekly basis. Not saying that this kid want be as good or better. But i look at those guys at the earliest second rd cause u invest so much in 1st rd.

Ever heard of Demarcus Ware?

This guy is going against 1st round talent in the Senior Bowl and he is destroying people....he's no fluke.

10 would be a reach for Cromartie but not for a guy like MCKlevin or Jenkins. I think that Cromartie has played himself into the 1st round of the draft though this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom