Is #10 too early to choose the cb cromartie? (1 Viewer)

I seem to remember Marcus Trufant have a great Senior bowl and he has turned out fine. Judge people by on the field play not where they go to school. This kid is a stud.

Yeah

This guy is going against 1st round talent in the Senior Bowl and he is destroying people....he's no fluke.

TROY WAS A DIVISION ONE SCHOOL THEN. That was there first or second yr but they were a divison one school.

Leodis McKelvin , as good as he is , he has awful hands and we need a cb that can threaten to int the ball. Mckelvin is like a young fred thomas, can cover but no threat to int the ball

he will start climbing draft boards now and if he runs fast will be a top ten pick, but if just 4.4 he will go in the first. good corners are hard to get and everyone needs them

Yeah this kid has done amazing this week, and is owning kids in the senior bowl. Looks like a great choice if position not addressed in free agency.

He looks like his cousin in the senior bowl , batting balls, intercepting and can tackle. we need this kid if he runs fast at the combine.

He's showing it all...I bet he could even play some Safety for the Saints if he was called to do that.

i'm not saying he is a fluke

This guy is going against 1st round talent in the Senior Bowl and he is destroying people....he's no fluke.

Teams just don't gamble on players lower then division one in the first. Tooo much money at stake.

I can't recall EVER seeing a player in a D-1AA school go in the first.

Roddy White, Rashard Anderson,Lamar King, Bryan Thomas, hell Steve McNair and Jerry Rice. It happens, infrequently but it does.

I do believe we will go after a CB or LB in the first round. But the CB from S. Fla or the one from Kansas.

Truffant went to Washington State, in a big league pass-happy conference, not to be confused with small college ball.

If we go LB in the first and he's there in the second, we'll see.

ddd

here you go

Ever heard of Demarcus Ware?

Troy University has fielded a football team continuously since 1946. Prior to that year, the team was fielded with only a few interruptions from 1909 to 1942. Eight years were skipped due to lack of participation and later World War I from 1913-1920, while the Wall Street Crash of 1929 kept the team from playing that year. Having moved up from Division I-AA, the team has competed in the NCAA's Division I since 2001.

DeMarcus Ware (born July 31, 1982 in Auburn, Alabama) is an American football linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL. He was drafted with the 11th overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft out of Troy University.
<TABLE class=toc id=toc summary=Contents><TBODY><TR><TD>
Troy was division 1 4 year b 4 he got drafted
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>//<![CDATA[ if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = "show"; var tocHideText = "hide"; showTocToggle(); } //]]></SCRIPT>

Teams just don't gamble on players lower then division one in the first. Tooo much money at stake.

He's played himself into the top half of the 1st round....you can bank on that.

my point was

He's played himself into the top half of the 1st round....you can bank on that.

Division 2 players just don't get drafted in the 1st not saying that it can't or want because the game has changed just like the players. He will have to do more then just the senior bowl to get in the first. If he does well at the combine then yes, but it is a wait and see game. Actually Ware didn't something that is rare. He was actually a d-end at Troy. But for the most part that is what he do with the cowboys, rush the qb

Last edited:
Division 2 players just don't get drafted in the 1st not saying that it can't or want because the game has changed just like the players. He will have to do more then just the senior bowl to get in the first. If he does well at the combine then yes, but it is a wait and see game. Actually Ware didn't something that is rare. He was actually a d-end at Troy. But for the most part that is what he do with the cowboys.
He allready was projected as a 2nd round pick...he's probably having the best game of all the players at the Senior Bowl. He's everywhere...try to catch his highlights from this game.

Man u r not seeing what i'm sayin

He allready was projected as a 2nd round pick...he's probably having the best game of all the players at the Senior Bowl. He's everywhere...try to catch his highlights from this game.

With his measureables he has all the talent to be in the first but teams are reluctant to pull the trigger cause of money and in most cases they are project players with limited roles at first. Can he be a 1st yes, will he be a top 10, i doubt it, but that don't make him less of a player. All i'm saying is with the cba going up every year. Top 10 players are getting PAID teams will not be as quick to pick a d-1AA player in the TOP 10. Maybe late in the first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom