Is 26 rushes and zero targets the new normal for New Orleans Saints RB Alvin Kamara? (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1633749649681.png

By Mike Triplett | ESPN Staff Writer

METAIRIE, La. – Alvin Kamara’s evolving role in the New Orleans Saints’ offense reached extreme levels last week.

The running back's 26 carries against the New York Giants set a career-high (one week after setting a high with 24 against the New England Patriots).

Meanwhile, his zero passing targets marked a career first. For the season, Kamara has 10 catches -- less than Tennessee Titans bruiser, and NFL-leading rusher, Derrick Henry -- after catching at least 81 in each of his first four seasons.

But he said he was pretty surprised to realize he didn’t have a single catch Sunday.

“I mean, it felt weird,” Kamara said. “That’s something I like to do, and I feel like we get some pretty explosive plays when I catch the ball. But I can't be mad at running the ball and getting 100 yards and doing good things on offense.

“But my biggest thing is like last week, we lose, and like, ‘Dang, I didn’t catch the ball, is it my fault?’ I'm always looking for what I can do to help impact the game. … But I don't call the plays. I don’t know, I’m just in limbo with things like that sometimes."

Full Story - ESPN.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom