Is a 'soul' energy? (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Just what is a soul? The greatest philosophers of all time spent eons discussing this very thing without being able to come to a conclusion that everyone could buy into.

And where does a soul go to when the physical body cannot run any longer? Does the energy, if it is energy, dissapate? Become a mix of all of the molecules all around us? Just some small electro-mechanical blip on the radar of life? Are we all part of each other and every thing?

Hedon James

the agitant f/k/a Jekylz Hyde
Reaction score
Garden of Hedon...wherever I am, there I are...
Just what is a soul? The greatest philosophers of all time spent eons discussing this very thing without being able to come to a conclusion that everyone could buy into.

And where does a soul go to when the physical body cannot run any longer? Does the energy, if it is energy, dissapate? Become a mix of all of the molecules all around us? Just some small electro-mechanical blip on the radar of life? Are we all part of each other and every thing?

FWIW, I believe that to be true.

I also believe "The Force" is strong within you too, Bleu Raeder!

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
all i know is that you gotta let your soul glo :shrug:

TDH

I Want to Believe
Reaction score

The soul is our collective body, It is the Earth that we're on. It's where we all came from. The Sun is our collective mind. It's where we're all headed to. Where the two meet there is, of course, life.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
A little Sol gives a lot of energy, a lot of Sol make you puke all over the floor, get in a fight with a bouncer and nail a two bagger.

Attachments

• sol.jpg
    sol.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2

llama

Very Banned
Reaction score
Then everything starts all over again. It's the cycle of life.. and death. It goes round and round, where does it stop? nobody knows. It probably doesn't.

This was funny. Great post!

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
If the soul is energy then it would be material - which goes against most of the religious traditions.
Of course, if it is not material, then how the hell does it have any cause-effect relationship with material (i.e. the body)?

SWJJ

Stop Resisting!
Reaction score
what is Human consciousness?

the soul is an energy that is the sum of the biochemical reactions that take place in order for life to exist.

Entropy exists whereever energy changes form. I believe the energy goes somewhere.
The question is now do we continue to have a consciousness of this energy and what form does it move into.

Quite a philospophical debate.

I found my answers in the bible (not in a church ~ there is a BIG difference) and I believe that one day we may be able to scientifically explain the soul.

We still have a LOT to learn about the universe, the Earth, and ourselves.

bop

Very Banned
Reaction score
IMO there is no soul. We are no different than any other living creature on Earth in the consciousness department except we have bigger brains to think about such things with yet we dont think animals have a soul. There is no soul waiting to break free from our bodies, only a lot of big brains looking for an answer to what happens after we die that makes them feel better about impending death. When its over its over for people and animals alike, so enjoy the time you have. JMO.

Last edited:

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Great questions...

If my soul was an energy. After Death.. I would hate for it to mix in a cosmic pool of neagtive electrod's.

Therefore Heaven...

Joe

RSF

Very Banned
Reaction score
Assuming people have souls...

A person who suffers brain damage and loses his/her memory still has a soul. The soul is there, but the memory is gone. Your soul doesn't help you remember things. Therefore, it's safe to say that the soul has no memory. Only the brain has memory. When your brain dies, your memory dies. So, when you die and your soul goes to heaven, you won't know anyone or anything. You no longer know your loved ones and they no longer know you. You, as you know yourself when alive, no longer exist after death. Have a good day. :9:

StChadwick

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I found my answers in the bible (not in a church ~ there is a BIG difference)

It was the Catholic church that decided on what books would be added to the canon of scripture in several synods in the 4th and 5th century so the two cant be separated.

The reason why there's so many christian denominational churches today is directly related I think to what you said, they didnt agree with something the church said so they used the bible to their own interpretation; which is now why we have over 50,000 differing christian denominations ALL claiming to follow what the bible says. One book cant say 50,000 different things. Matter of fact it cant say anything, its a book. Take also into consideration the times the bible has been retranslated (from Aramaic and Greek to Latin and now our current one) and it leads more to the idea that there must be an authoritative place to conclusively interpret the bible or then what's the point of Jesus wanting one to be and He just leaves for us to fend for ourself as we are left to interpret on our own? It would only create complete confusion.

Remember that the printing press wasnt invented until the 15th century, so for 1400 years it was not a faith of the bible only, as the New Testament wasnt officially compiled for hundreds of years after the death of Christ and a credible way of giving copies of a bible to everyone hasnt been possible for only the last 200 years with the literacy rates which didnt increase until after WWII or the price it would have cost would have caused many to not afford one previously. There must have been a Church behind the book.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom