Is a 'soul' energy? (1 Viewer)

Soul existed for a brief time between Motown [tm] and Roller Disco. It was fly baby. Feathers, colors, bubbles and beads. :17:

It had elements of funktasticness, but not quite Bootsy Collins. :17:

Is self-consciousness or awareness related to the soul?

FWIW, I can state the obvious that we don't know as much as we think we know,

I think this is an important point. At one time I believed WE had an extreme grasp on science, technology, psychology, the universe, the human body, etc. During the past decade, I've come to the conclusion WE are in the nascent (if not embryonic) stages of knowledge and understanding.

Why does there have to be anything more than synapses in the brain? Couldn't we assume that our being is hardwired into the brain, and that there is not a spiritual element separate from that? There is no evidence to the contrary, right?

I think there is some evidence to the contrary, like the fact that we are here even though matter cannot be created nor destroyed. There almost has to be a larger explanation than just chemical reactions and synapses.

I think there is some evidence to the contrary, like the fact that we are here even though matter cannot be created nor destroyed. There almost has to be a larger explanation than just chemical reactions and synapses.

Matter cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be changed. So what would that have to do with us being here?

>>Is self-consciousness or awareness related to the soul?

Far out man. :17:, depending on what enhancements were available for teh soul.

TrippingcorPSe

>>Is self-consciousness or awareness related to the soul?

Far out man. :17:, depending on what enhancements were available for teh soul.

TrippingcorPSe

Let's go with the human upgrade.

Matter cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be changed. So what would that have to do with us being here?

How would any of us be here without the creation of matter in the first place? Since humans or anything we know of cannot create or destroy matter then, to put it as Jonesy put it, the 'simplest explanation' is that something non-human or more powerful than humans must have created matter. Many people take interpret this power as a God. If the simplest explanation of why any matter at all is here involves something more powerful than us, or at least more complex than we can understand, then I think it is not a stretch to say that there may be some parts of humans that we do not fully understand or comprehend as well.

I think this is an important point. At one time I believed WE had an extreme grasp on science, technology, psychology, the universe, the human body, etc. During the past decade, I've come to the conclusion WE are in the nascent (if not embryonic) stages of knowledge and understanding.

It's simple to say that the more we learn, the more we realize how little we really know. This alone has me refraining from believing just about anything as fact because we learn otherwise down the road. Nothing is definate I suppose.

How would any of us be here without the creation of matter in the first place? Since humans or anything we know of cannot create or destroy matter then, to put it as Jonesy put it, the 'simplest explanation' is that something non-human or more powerful than humans must have created matter. Many people take interpret this power as a God. If the simplest explanation of why any matter at all is here involves something more powerful than us, or at least more complex than we can understand, then I think it is not a stretch to say that there may be some parts of humans that we do not fully understand or comprehend as well.

To say this discounts the Big Bang Theory out of hand, where all matter exists in a singularity that rapidly expands. All matter has been around for all time if physics is true.

Per The Universe shows we've been discussing lately, the membranes that seperate different dimensions collided and dispursed matter through this dimension. Obviously still a theory, but the concept of colliding dimensions is interesting to say the least. The power that is contained within those dimensions and the strength of the membranes has to be astronomical.

To say this discounts the Big Bang Theory out of hand, where all matter exists in a singularity that rapidly expands. All matter has been around for all time if physics is true.

So you believe in eternal matter, others believe in an eternal God :)

Seriously though, I don't think the Big Bang makes any claims as to how the initial matter/energy contained in the singularity got there to begin with, so I'm not sure how what I said discounts it.

Last edited:
Per The Universe shows we've been discussing lately, the membranes that seperate different dimensions collided and dispursed matter through this dimension. Obviously still a theory, but the concept of colliding dimensions is interesting to say the least. The power that is contained within those dimensions and the strength of the membranes has to be astronomical.

Interesting yes, but still delaying the inevitable question of how matter was created, whether in this dimension or another.

Matter is created by gravity. Everything is energy. Matter is just energy in a more ordered form. Gravity is what orders energy.

A soul is an abstract concept devised by man to ease the passing of loved ones, to help them believe that the person they knew is still 'alive' in some form. Most mythologies have some concept of the 'soul' and eternal existence.

It is also a tool used by religions to help enforce moral codes through either fear or longing - whatever works best for you. See "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" by Jonathan Edwards (1741) for an example of fear.

Again used as a tool, many people in life-threatening situations use thoughts of an after-life as a salve for their mental state, either to provide courage in the face of death or sometimes as imagined reassurances of their safety.

Some mythologies like to think that only Humans have souls, to justify their dominion over all other animals. Often times, followers of these religions mistake this distinction to mean that the lives of animals are unimportant, when it really means that humans have a greater responsibility to those animals.

well, as i see it sou---------, oops thought y'all was discussin soup, not soul.

sorry. carry on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom