Is a 'soul' energy? (1 Viewer)

I found my answers in the bible (not in a church ~ there is a BIG difference)

It was the Catholic church that decided on what books would be added to the canon of scripture in several synods in the 4th and 5th century so the two cant be separated.

The reason why there's so many christian denominational churches today is directly related I think to what you said, they didnt agree with something the church said so they used the bible to their own interpretation; which is now why we have over 50,000 differing christian denominations ALL claiming to follow what the bible says. One book cant say 50,000 different things. Matter of fact it cant say anything, its a book. Take also into consideration the times the bible has been retranslated (from Aramaic and Greek to Latin and now our current one) and it leads more to the idea that there must be an authoritative place to conclusively interpret the bible or then what's the point of Jesus wanting one to be and He just leaves for us to fend for ourself as we are left to interpret on our own? It would only create complete confusion.

Remember that the printing press wasnt invented until the 15th century, so for 1400 years it was not a faith of the bible only, as the New Testament wasnt officially compiled for hundreds of years after the death of Christ and a credible way of giving copies of a bible to everyone hasnt been possible for only the last 200 years with the literacy rates which didnt increase until after WWII or the price it would have cost would have caused many to not afford one previously. There must have been a Church behind the book.

Assuming people have souls...

A person who suffers brain damage and loses his/her memory still has a soul. The soul is there, but the memory is gone. Your soul doesn't help you remember things. Therefore, it's safe to say that the soul has no memory. Only the brain has memory. When your brain dies, your memory dies. So, when you die and your soul goes to heaven, you won't know anyone or anything. You no longer know your loved ones and they no longer know you. You, as you know yourself when alive, no longer exist after death. Have a good day. :9:

:9:

So, when you die and your soul goes to heaven, you won't know anyone or anything. You no longer know your loved ones and they no longer know you.

As a Catholic, we believe that our physical body resurrects at the end of time to be reunited with our soul before the "general judgement" before going to heaven or hell.

As a Catholic, we believe that our physical body resurrects at the end of time to be reunited with our soul before the "general judgement" before going to heaven or hell.

What if your body gets eaten by dogs? Is God going to resurrect the dog turds? You won't be very popular in heaven.

What if your body gets eaten by dogs?Is God going to resurrect the dog turds? You won't be very popular in heaven.

It's a case that God can do whatever He wants, so if we believe He exists and could create the universe then how can we put limitations on what He can do for an individual based on what an animal decided to do? Wouldnt the big miracle be that he resurrected the eaten body to begin with, not how all the parts come to return? God doesnt exist in time, we do on earth, so He isnt limited to what an animal has done, so we wont stay in that state once resurrected. I've often wondered what ages will the risen have? I wouldnt think babies and the elderly would wont want to stay that way for eternity.

Let's see if I can explain with the little background I have in biblical theology..

Your born in God's image...so...what is God...answer...a "SPIRIT"

So first and foremost...your a spirit which as been given a "SOUL" and "BODY"...

We all know what the BODY is...the physical matter of which we are made of....

The "SOUL" or mind...not to be confused with the brain...the mind which we use to rationalize...comprehend...think through...our thoughts..our feelings...are the make-up of our SOUL...

It is stated in the bible....

Romans 12:2 (Whole Chapter)
Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

Satan attacks the "soul" of mankind in order for us to offend God and not follow His will for our lives....

If you believe in the bible and consider yourself a "Christian"...you may understand this...
otherwise...my words have no meaning for you....

Hope this helps....:9:

Assuming people have souls...

A person who suffers brain damage and loses his/her memory still has a soul. The soul is there, but the memory is gone. Your soul doesn't help you remember things. Therefore, it's safe to say that the soul has no memory. Only the brain has memory. When your brain dies, your memory dies. So, when you die and your soul goes to heaven, you won't know anyone or anything. You no longer know your loved ones and they no longer know you. You, as you know yourself when alive, no longer exist after death. Have a good day. :9:

I am BY FAR no expert on the subject, but the Information Paradox that has recently been debunked to say that information never dies. In energy, it can take MANY forms, most of which we never see or know about. Just because your brain loses memory doesn't necessarily mean that the info/memory is gone forever. What's to say that the info remains and it's a problem that we (humans) have in taping into that energetic form of info/memory.

Maybe the soul is energetic memory that retains the lifelong journey(s) it encounters. The problem may be that we, as physical beings, don't know how to tap into that source.

FWIW, I can state the obvious that we don't know as much as we think we know, but the world of "soul" is one of many things we just don't have a single clue about. Maybe if we were more in tune with our spiritual side and recognize ourselves as energy, we may be able to better comprehend the many layers of our energetic beings and do away with the materialistic superficial physical flesh bag theory.:dunno:

Why does there have to be anything more than synapses in the brain? Couldn't we assume that our being is hardwired into the brain, and that there is not a spiritual element separate from that? There is no evidence to the contrary, right?

Why does there have to be anything more than synapses in the brain? Couldn't we assume that our being is hardwired into the brain, and that there is not a spiritual element separate from that? There is no evidence to the contrary, right?

Given that we are a form of energy, why is it impossible to theorize that that there are more layers to us than we know about or let on?

Given that we are a form of energy, why is it impossible to theorize that that there are more layers to us than we know about or let on?

I didn't say impossible. My statement is why not assume the simplest answer is correct without formulating theories to which there is as yet no evidence?

I didn't say impossible. My statement is why not assume the simplest answer is correct without formulating theories to which there is as yet no evidence?

"Impossible" wasn't really what I meant in reference to your post. I too agree simplicity is usually closer to the correct answer instead of overcomplicated and confusing theories created by people who want to have all the glory of being "right".

There is strong evidence of energy within us, but the sould connection is still a work in progress I suppose.

The same force that flows through every circuit
The juice that's spent everytime you work it
Every life form is based on this simplicity
The soul that you have is electricity

You can't avoid that
Evolution is fact
We're all from the same Lucy
Despite differences you see

Yes. The energy is used to power dreams...

front_pass_fender_wheel_turned_small.jpg

Soul existed for a brief time between Motown [tm] and Roller Disco. It was fly baby. Feathers, colors, bubbles and beads. :17:

It had elements of funktasticness, but not quite Bootsy Collins. :17:

Attachments

• pfunk1.jpg
    pfunk1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 58
  • bootsy.jpg
    bootsy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom