Is Adam Trautman due for a strong second half? (My latest blog) (1 Viewer)

I'll edit the title of the thread for you.
It’s a good article! I was just being a smarty pants and more of comment on the hopes we had for Trautman that haven’t paid off. Yet.

Keep writing! Love to read about my Saints.

Hope so. But don’t expect so.
Same here! Sadly before I start believing we have an NFL starting caliber TE he will need to show a lot more consistency. One game gave us a glimmer that just maybe he is finally getting it, but I will wait and see.

His blocking skills will keep him employed.
Will he have a productive 2nd half of the season? He better if he wants to be in the NFL next year.

I just wanted to share some thoughts on his progression in the offense going forward.

Hopefully everyone enjoys.

Good article.

I expected an improved Trautman this season and have been disappointed so far. Hopefully, more time with JW will improve his opportunities. He has potential to be the best TE since Graham, but he has to fill that potential for it to mean anything.

Last edited:
Trautman has had a few flashes of brilliance during his time here, but not nearly enough. Perhaps this is why we keep holding out hope that those moments will become the 'rule' rather than the 'exception'.

He appears to have the physical tools to do well at the position. It's hard to say about his aptitude as a TE. But if he has been on the same page as the rest of the offense, then it's just a matter of time before his physical skills will stand out. Let's hope this happens sooner than later. We definitely could use better production at the TE position.

It will be nearly impossible for Trautman to NOT have a stronger 2nd half if we are just laying things bare.

It’s a good article! I was just being a smarty pants and more of comment on the hopes we had for Trautman that haven’t paid off. Yet.

Keep writing! Love to read about my Saints.
It's all good bro.

Last edited:
This is not a good time for receiving TEs. Injuries in the OL, Winston not being so comfortable in the pocket, so TEs have to stay in and block. Winston doesn't seem to look for TEs, but they're 1 of Payton's favorite weapons, so Trautman will get his chance.

It’s hard to have a resurgence when you never have really surged in the first place. But we can remain optimistic.
Not a resurgence - a turnaround.
He can TURN a poor to mediocre season AROUND to make the last games of the season good to very good.
I think he will. I just get that feeling from him.

Quite frankly I’m not expecting much more from him until Vannett gets back. That’ll free him of his blocking duties and let him shine as a pass catcher.
Vannett, McCoy and Armstead being out has limited how many times Trautman can even catch a pass.
I hope he's rewarded in the 2nd half of the year for playing a role he's not great at but still gives great effort.
Even with Harris and CGM being out Callaway and TQS have speed to get deep and open up the middle of the field.
Trautman and Johnson should get lots of targets, unless teams wanna ignore AK41 coming out the backfield.

This is not a good time for receiving TEs. Injuries in the OL, Winston not being so comfortable in the pocket, so TEs have to stay in and block. Winston doesn't seem to look for TEs, but they're 1 of Payton's favorite weapons, so Trautman will get his chance.
In Tampa, Winston threw to TEs all the time, but he had more than one good/dependable receiving option at the position there. So far none of the Saints TEs have shown themselves to be consistently good/dependable.

Hopefully, Trautman flashing against WFT is a sign he is turning the corner. I think Johnson will have some moments, but is still learning how to play the position when right next to the tackle. No idea on Vannett. He needs to be available.

In Tampa, Winston threw to TEs all the time, but he had more than one good/dependable receiving option at the position there. So far none of the Saints TEs have shown themselves to be consistently good/dependable.

Hopefully, Trautman flashing against WFT is a sign he is turning the corner. I think Johnson will have some moments, but is still learning how to play the position when right next to the tackle. No idea on Vannett. He needs to be available.
Seems Vannett was finally a full go at practice, so he should b good to go against SEA. He played for the Hawks last year too, so they know each other. Nicks a pretty damned good run blocker, n da Seattle D has been struggling against the run.

CSP ran lotsa 2 TE sets against WASH, but ran AND passed the ball outta dat formation . Like others have posted, havn Vannett as the primary blocker should help free up Trout or Juwan as the receiving TE.

We’ll see!

Crazy how salty people are getting over a late third round TE in his second year. Seems that expectations were too high and turned people against him. For his position and where he was drafted, he's doing just fine. Hopefully he'll be more, but being a contributor is all we should truly expect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom