Is an American life more valuable? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm asking this because it's often implied and sometimes said outright. Not here on these forums particularly, but just in general. I just witnessed it, so I was compelled to ask the question. I'm curious about your view on this. Do you think the life of an American is more valuable than the life of a non-American? Either way, what's your reasoning?

doesn't the Deceleration of Independence basically start off by saying that we are above other people?

good topic, should go far

GXUXUvt.gif

Objectively? No.

In reality? Sure, if you're an American.

This is for the same reason that the lives of your own children are "more important" than the lives of other children. If someone shot up your daughter's school, would your first thought be "how is my daughter" or "how is little Jimmy from down the street"?

doesn't the Deceleration of Independence basically start off by saying that we are above other people?

good topic, should go far

GXUXUvt.gif

Not that I give much respect to the Declaration of Independence, but I'm not so sure that it does start off that way. What do you mean? I'm asking this sincerely by the way! Do tell.

Not that I give much respect to the Declaration of Independence, but I'm not so sure that it does start off that way. What do you mean? I'm asking this sincerely by the way! Do tell.

I am not trying to poke fun at you but I don't think you leave much room for actual discussion. The personal level that Lurk talks about aside (because it is a given and has nothing to do with country really) I don't think you will find many people that think a life has more value just based on where it is born. Maybe I am wrong, we will see.

I am not trying to poke fun at you but I don't think you leave much room for actual discussion. The personal level that Lurk talks about aside (because it is a given and has nothing to do with country really) I don't think you will find many people that think a life has more value just based on where it is born. Maybe I am wrong, we will see.

Well, dude, that's just my point! Do you ever listen to the American news man? More importance is consistently placed on American lives than all others! It's clear!

Well, dude, that's just my point! Do you ever listen to the American news man? More importance is consistently placed on American lives than all others! It's clear!

they report on what people want to hear about that is all. Like Lurk said its what is closest to you. That is why there is a local news, National News and World news. Its hard to worry about what is happening on the other side of the globe if you block is on fire or you standing on your roof due to flood.

Objectively? No.

In reality? Sure, if you're an American.

This is for the same reason that the lives of your own children are "more important" than the lives of other children. If someone shot up your daughter's school, would your first thought be "how is my daughter" or "how is little Jimmy from down the street"?

^ this
If you were standing between your and your neighbor's house and both were on fire, you'd run into your house first

BUT, if I was standing between an American BP lawyer's house and a Haitian relief worker's house ...
???

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding his question, but I don't see how you answer it without discussing the personal level (as that is really the only level at which it is a valid question). If the question is "is an American life more valuable [to an American]" (which is how I read it based on the situation it was asked in), then the answer must obviously be yes. If the question was actually "does Yahweh give all the best souls to the American babies", then the answer is obviously no, stop being a ******bag. I don't think that was the question, though.

Yeah... Guess what would happen if you started watching German news or French news or...

I watched a Dallas news station the other day. They didn't seem to regard the lives of New Orleanians as very important at all. All I heard was Dallas this and Dallas that. Is a Dallasite life really more important? :rolleys:

II a person is born in Iran should that person have the same rights as a person born in the US or not?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom