Is anyone concerned (1 Viewer)

As it stands now, I don't think any of Brees' records are threatened to be broken outside of Brady playing longer than Drew. Mahomes certainly has the talent now, but I'm not entirely sure I buy him playing into his 40s with how he plays. Others are right. It's the longevity and the preference for mobility at the QB position right now that might prevent anyone building a career to rival the recent greats (Brees, Brady, Manning). It really does take a pure pocket passer to reach these levels/records. Single season records could be at risk, but career? I just don't see it. Maybe Burrow is the start of that next era. As it stands now, we have Rivers, Ryan, Stafford, and Roethlisberger as upper tier pocket passers. Matt fricken Ryan is the only player who has a shot in the dark at passing any of Brees' career records. So I'd say they are pretty safe. Roethlisberger is breaking down fast. And don't even get me started on AA rod...

Records always get broken. QBs that rely on records always ended up getting lost in the conversation. It’s happening to Marino at the moment.
Brees’ place is secure with his championship.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom