Is anyone concerned? (1 Viewer)

bleedblk&gld

Choppin broccoli
Reaction score
Not to think too far into this, but the Panthers passing game may be something to watch out for next year. Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad and D.J. Hackett might be a good tandem. If........and a BIG IF...Jake Delhomme regains his '04/'05 form. Then we might be have a problem. We don't have a legitimate #1 let alone a #2 and a Nickel.

All i'm saying is we have to play these guys twice. Along with Joey Galloway in Tampa, Peyton better be thinking about that before drafting a DT in the first round.

I'm just saying

Taceo

Saintastic
Reaction score
I don't trust the Panthers o-line, and a shaky o-line equals a terrible year for Delhomme.

fahad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No worries, i think there will be one more trade before the start of the season which involves bringing a starting CB.

sykobob671

"BUGJUICE"
Reaction score
after last year, i won't be comfortable with the DB situation until at least game 8....i do hope fahad is right and we bring in at least one more DB before the draft.JMHO

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
As or right now, on paper they do look a bit scary. Especially against our Mike Mckenzieless secondary. But it's too early to worry. We still have the draft, and nearly the whole off season to get ourselves in check.

MrSt0nEd

Thank You #26
Reaction score
imo, Car & TB worries me more than Philly & Chi...

Flyboy

Daydream Believer
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
With Delhomme and their offensive line? Ehhh.

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Smith is excellent, Mushin is old and doesn't scare me any more, and Hackett is okay. The only have 1 RB, and you need 2 in this league. They will be improved, but they don't scare me.

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
While I believe they will be a better team with Jake healthy, with their offensive line, if (and thats a big if) you can get pressure on him he will make mistakes. He is still Jake...sorry for all the Jake fans, but facts are facts. Jake is prone to making mistakes when under pressure. I think if we can improve our pressure from our front four(and this is key) I believe an improved secondary would be able to hold off any improvement to their passing game.

DarkBuddha

No White Flags!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Im scared of Minnesota's passing attack with our secondary.

eels

Reaction score
I've always respected Muhammad but I'm thinking that he's way past his prime at this point. The Panthers do have some players and as long as they have Steve Smith, they are going to be tough to stop. Hopefully a revamped pass rush can help slow them down more than we have in years past.

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
Not to think too far into this, but the Panthers passing game may be something to watch out for next year. Steve Smith, Muhsin Muhammad and D.J. Hackett might be a good tandem. If........and a BIG IF...Jake Delhomme regains his '04/'05 form. Then we might be have a problem. We don't have a legitimate #1 let alone a #2 and a Nickel.

All i'm saying is we have to play these guys twice. Along with Joey Galloway in Tampa, Peyton better be thinking about that before drafting a DT in the first round.

I'm just saying

as long as Delhomme is the QB you have nothing to worry about.....

thib82

Reaction score
I was never sold on Jake as an elite QB in the NFL. He may prove me wrong this season, but I stil have my doubts. He is VERY streaky. Im not worried about Mushin and DJ, I only worry about Steve Smith. Jake only really looks to steve which isnt really a bad thing for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom