Is anyone guilty of this? (1 Viewer)

I never turn a game off. I did however, walk away from the 57" TV in the living room and resumed a bathroom project I was working on all weekend. Still didn't miss a play though. I kept my eye on it using the 19" I've got in the bathroom. Needless to say, the project is still unfinished.

Hell no. I even talked smack to some d bag Bears fan that had the gall to talk smack even though they were getting beat down.

No, but I did tell my brother that it I were Sean Payton I would put Brunell in when Brees was getting hit so much in the first half. To save Brees for the Falcons MNF football game. So be glad I'm not the Saints HC. When I saw Brees angrily spike the ball after the TD to end the half I knew it would be a game. If you turned the game off at half you missed 30 minutes of incredible football.

I turned it off as I was so *****. Although 30 seconds later I put it back on after I relaxed

That was me also. I was watching it outside on my deck. It last for about 5 minutes, calmed down and picked it up right before the half ended. Saw the TD and felt better about our chances.

I haven't turned my back on them in 42 years - no way I'd do that now after one half.
At halftime I spoke to one of the only other Saints fans at the Sports Bar I go to. I told him it was pitiful but that there is an "opportunity" for the Saints to pull this game out amking it sweeter than any win we've had so far this year.
That was just the way it turned out. Awesome. Incredible. Fabulous. Etc.

. . . I almost called him up to aske him if he wanted his little $100 money NOW( an old Chalmation Nation trick to bring luck back to your side). . .

Back in 2006 we had a great run that began when I made a pot of gumbo for a Sunday game, which was then followed by another win the following week as I made gumbo two weeks in a row. It ended -- regular season -- when I was unable to get back home in time to prepare the gumbo and we lost.

Just to let you know, I made gumbo before the Giants game and again for the Phins. And I hope I can stay on track to keep this thing going.

And to anyone who doesn't believe in superstition, please don't tell me. You might cause me to stop.

After they went up 24-3, during the commercial, I walked upstairs and took off my white jersey and replaced it with my black jersey. The rest is history. :mwink:

I'm not sure that anyone here would admit this if they were guilty, but I'm curious if anyone turned the game off at or before halftime and didn't know the Saints won until later. Or, did turn the game off and then came back to it late, missing most of the come back?

No

I did go eat more bbq at half time though :D I also changed into my Saints polo shirt that I've worn every game day... WHAT WAS I THINKING? WHY DID I NOT HAVE IT ON EARLIER?!?!

In the 31 years I have been a Saints fan, I have learned one thing:

Never, never, NEVER leave until the game is over.

I will admit to falling out of the sofa and sprawling out on the floor in disbelief-- until that last drive of the first half when Drew took the team on his back. But little did drew realize at the time, he wasn't just taking the team on his back--he was taking the Saints Nation on his back!!!

DREW BROUGHT ME BACK!!

One guy at the bar, left for his league bowling at 24-3. I told him he was going to miss a phenomenal comeback. He agreed but decided to go anyway.

Me and the other Saint fan hung it out confident that things would change....

I called for a Darren Sharper Pick and sure enough I got it on that very play. Then my 2-yr old son showed up and things started picking up for the Saints.

I watched from beginning to end. When we were down 24-3 I was thinking that if we just eliminated the mistakes (turnovers and presnap penalties) we'll be alright. Its only 21points. We scored 34 points in a half against the Giants defense, so I had no doubt we could do it against Miami.

You should see the crybabies that were down on this team in the gamethread. Many of them were saying that Brees basically lost this game for us. It was pretty annoying to see the amount of detractors that came out after just one quarter of bad football.
You Know that is really a sad thing too....if we know nothing about Drew Brees we know about the fact what loyalty means too him...HE IS EXTREMLY LOYAL ...he doesn't give up on the people who are loyal to him....and anyone who thinks a couple picks and a bad game..even if Saints lost...and are ready to give up on Drew and the Saints they are not Saints fans( which I know are very few)...they should be watching beach volleyball or something..but they will be the first ones celebrating when the Saints are Super Bowl champs

I'm not sure that anyone here would admit this if they were guilty, but I'm curious if anyone turned the game off at or before halftime and didn't know the Saints won until later. Or, did turn the game off and then came back to it late, missing most of the come back?

No I like to torture myself, I wanted to see what type of team we really have. Were they going to lie down and die, or fight to get back in the game. I was rewarded for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom