Is anyone here mad at Sean Payton for the team we have now? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't help but to wonder how Sean Payton feels when he sees what is left of his once proud and successful team. No, we can't control his decisions for his life & career, but it's got to be as hard for him to watch this collapse as it is for us.

No doubt we appreciate Coach Payton more now than we ever did. What he created here was the right fix at the perfect time. It's just hard to accept that it's all over now.

Me no but I would be lying now after Payton bailed to take another job elsewhere.... Payton and Loomis went all in mode for the past 4 years and Payton doesn't want to deal with the aftermath, mainly because he feels there is no shot of recovering without rebuilding

Yes. He saw the writing on the wall and ran. He created this and ran from it before it imploded. I have to chuckle when I hear our fans saying he might come back. No way. He knows this franchise is in rough shape while we recover from personnel and asset mismanagement.

I can't help but to wonder how Sean Payton feels when he sees what is left of his once proud and successful team. No, we can't control his decisions for his life & career, but it's got to be as hard for him to watch this collapse as it is for us.

No doubt we appreciate Coach Payton more now than we ever did. What he created here was the right fix at the perfect time. It's just hard to accept that it's all over now.
If anything I value Payton more. In every way. The way he elevated coaches, FO and Talent is something I have never seen. No way can I be mad at seeing just how masterful he was at getting the most out of his players day in and day out.

He couldn’t do it anymore, last season the battle was too much, he earned the right to walk away.

I see a lot of players and coaches on this team, look exactly like how folks looked when they left the saints in years past: pedestrian.

Even Kamara looks average at best.

Time has shown me to appreciate just how good Payton was. It has also shown me just how bad abs arrogant we are as an organization thinking he was nobody. The actions of continuing on have been disasterous with this staff.

Frankly for every day Allen still has a job, I lose more respect for Loomis and the Organization.

Me no but I would be lying now after Payton bailed to take another job elsewhere.... Payton and Loomis went all in mode for the past 4 years and Payton doesn't want to deal with the aftermath, mainly because he feels there is no shot of recovering without rebuilding
Yes, it would have been nice if he left the Saints as a functional contender that we could all be proud of. But likely if this team was a legitimate contender, he would still be here.

I think it shows what kind of culture Payton actually built. It's funny how everyone was saying he's a hard guy to be around and he's always keeping coaches until 11pm. Now we see how the team reacted with no Payton. They slack off and keep fumbling. Kamara and Ingram along have cost the same several games.

I wouldn’t say mad is the right word but I do think he essentially quit on the team that he had a large amount of input in creating.
And so, how do you feel about him "quitting on the team"? :unsure:

1669603349577.gif

Nah, at first I was, but then I think about the coaching job he did last season and what he got out of a worse roster offensively. Seeing what's become of this season, I totally get why he was burned out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom