Is anyone here mad at Sean Payton for the team we have now? (1 Viewer)

And so, how do you feel about him "quitting on the team"? :unsure:

Annoyed and/or disappointed are probably the right words. I really thought he was fine with coaching in New Orleans for the long haul and wanted to prove he could win here without Drew Brees whether that be with another Free Agent he helps turn the corner or a drafted one. Turns out he didn’t. I probably wouldn’t think about it at all though if he wasn’t all over the media regarding his next job constantly.

Ms Benson drop the ball big time when she didn’t throw money at him to take a front office position. When you thought of the Saints you thought of Sean Payton. He had his own brand with the Saint and it could have been developed even further. That uniqueness walked out the door with him..He could have enforced his standard without the day to day grind. We all will pay some kind of price for letting him walk.

Payton wasn't the one who disassembled a great defense.

Payton wasn't the one who made some contracts literally unmovable going all in for a QB with a massage problem.

Payton wasn't the one who forced a guy who didn't want to be OC, to be OC.

Payton wasn't the one who created a convoluted mess of the defensive coaching staff.

Payton wasn't the one who traded a boatload of picks for a WR whose skillset is only 50% used with a short passing game.

Also, crunching the numbers, the Saints absolutely could have fit Marcus Williams or CJGJ under the cap instead of the woefully performing Mathieu and Maye. In some cases, two is not greater than one.

I’ve held back zero punches when it comes to Sean Payton for as long he had been our coach. I’ll always say that I’ve forever indebted to him for giving my favorite team a championship, but that man did alot of things that I didn’t agree with. As for as I’m concerned, he was not my coach the second he left us. All he is to me know is a trade chip for draft capital. There were great memories and there were bad memories. Reminds me of one of my failed past relationships. Although I will admit that it is very easy for me to turn the page on things.

Ms Benson drop the ball big time when she didn’t throw money at him to take a front office position. When you thought of the Saints you thought of Sean Payton. He had his own brand with the Saint and it could have been developed even further. That uniqueness walked out the door with him..He could have enforced his standard without the day to day grind. We all will pay some kind of price for letting him walk.
If Sean were committed long term and would face his own consequences acting as GM and Coach, I think he would make better personnel decisions. I don’t see Sean ever coming back, but if we were to have the smallest of chances, I think you’d have to offer him the GM spot.

What bothers me the most is that if we were just an average team this season we'd be owning the NFC South. So many of our losses this year have been the kind where good coaching would have made a difference.

But I suppose that just having another NFC South championship would mean nothing to Sean if he can't beat any of the teams that will earn a spot in the postseason. He knew that the Saints hit a brick wall after Drew decided to retire. I must admit though that it would be fun to have the Saints host one more playoff game in the Superdome.

Even with Sean as our coach, we certainly would have been 'one & done'. :covri:

No she didn't, he re-upped his contract in 2019 and then quit.

All she would have been doing is throwing more money at someone who was no longer interested working for her. What would stop him from signing up for more money and then retire from that job as well?

I'm more mad that he ditched when it was getting tough. There will be those that dislike this post. But it's the truth. Yes, I'm grateful for the time he was here. But yes, he absolutely bailed because he didn't want to sleep in the very bed that he made. It is what it is.

Yes. He saw the writing on the wall and ran. He created this and ran from it before it imploded. I have to chuckle when I hear our fans saying he might come back. No way. He knows this franchise is in rough shape while we recover from personnel and asset mismanagement.
Well, the team will get a considerable amount of compensation for letting Payton go to another team. And this team may still have high picks in the 2023 draft.

Well, the team will get a considerable amount of compensation for letting Payton go to another team. And this team may still have high picks in the 2023 draft.
It’s something for sure. Hardly what we sacrificed, but something.

This was always going to happen when Sean left. The organization is to blame for trying to make a "soft transition" with Dennis Allen when a full rebuild was necessary.

This was always going to happen when Sean left. The organization is to blame for trying to make a "soft transition" with Dennis Allen when a full rebuild was necessary.
I don't think that you truly want a full rebuild of the Saints team, especially when the team has some talent worth keeping. Doing a rebuild because the team isn't playing well isn't the right thing to do. I think that you have to look at the coaching staff, first. This same Saints team finished last season one game above .500 and swept the Division Champs since 2020.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom