Is Atlanta our Huckleberry? (1 Viewer)

Remember the outcome of the season the last time both the Falcons and Saints were 2-0 (2006)?

We don't need you to be sold on it when our offense is averaging 46.5 points a game.

Against Detroit and an Eagles D minus Jim Johnson and Brian Dawkins? Brees is good and your offense will be towards the top but don't get ahead of yourselves.

I watched the whole ATL game. Gonzo is a stud. The defense on the other hand is not that great. It's going to be a shootout that Matt Ryan can't win.

Against Detroit and an Eagles D minus Jim Johnson and Brian Dawkins? Brees is good and your offense will be towards the top but don't get ahead of yourselves.

Yeah, you are right. That Eagles D is just terrible.

So what's that say about your D when Carolina had almost 500 yards of offense on you?

I don't need to watch it to know that you let a terrible Panthers team have a shot to win it late. We put the Eagles away mid 3rd quarter. Kolb got almost 200 of those yards in pure garbage time, as well as 2 of his INT's.

That Eagles team is overrated... (see what I did there). And you better hope to god you don't lose to Carolina this year....

They are real as long as they are winning. wins are all that really matter. However i do believe we are a better team. Adding Gonzo was a big plus for there team. There secondary isn't the best but alot of teams the NFC sputh are running teams first so they should do well. I hate them but i think they will be joining us in the play offs.

Yeah, you are right. That Eagles D is just terrible.

So what's that say about your D when Carolina had almost 500 yards of offense on you?

We've got work to do.... I've said nothing else to the contrary.

The Panthers were embarassed by that same defense. The falcons barely won today. Brees will pick your secondary apart all day.

They are for real, but they had two injuries today, and I don't think their depth is as good as ours.

The Falcons lost first-round pick Peria Jerry to a knee injury in the fourth quarter. A key part of the Atlanta rush defense, Jerry was carted off the field. The team did not disclose how serious the injury was.

Backup running back Jerious Norwood, who is very active on returns and third downs, also left the game with a "head" injury early and did not return.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/20/falcons-suffer-injuries-to-two-key-players/

Falcons next game is the Patriots, looking forward to seeing how they perform in that one.

The Eagles defense did a hell of a lot better defending the panthers offense than the Falcons D.

Atlanta wasn't that good, honestly. Panthers can't defend a tight end to save their *****. Gonzales is a great tight end, don't get me wrong but Panthers can make an undrafted rookie TE who is starting his first NFL game look like a pro-bowler. John Fox is an idiot who has no clock-management skills. And when you give the other team the ball on the 40 or closer, it makes it easier too.

Will the 2-0 Atlanta Falcons Rain on our Parade? Are they legit? or Posers? Lets hear your argument!!

It is a great question. I believe they are legit. I agreed with another poster hear on their points to your question, but felt compelled to expound a little more. I would like to see if Atl can keep the pace with us. The games will get harder for both teams as the weeks go by. Both games that we have upcoming should be great ones. I just don't feel that they will be able to beat us out in the end. I think they will make the play-offs though. At least one of the wild-card spots are coming out of the this NFC South.

Maybe its just me, and maybe its homer ism! But, i think we roll all over them this year! I really don't see anyone keeping up with us in the division, we may split with Falcons but we'll sweep Kittys and the Bucs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom