Is Bobby Hebert a Saints Fan again (1 Viewer)

Who was harder on and more sarcastic about the Saints than Buddy D when things were bad, which they often were. He's in their HOF now. Give him a chance.

It is what it is, The past is the past. He is a passionate NewOrleansSaints fan in my opinion.:a_smil09:

Loser

**Edited - Inappropriate** We had one of the best Defenses in league history, and he couldn't win one mod edit: veiled profanity.AMH. playoff game. Plus he is awful as a radio guy. I think Hokie stinks too. The best we have ever had was when Jim H was teamed with Archie.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be a professional you must act as one. I believe he along with many other players do not act as professionals.

I would like to ask this question becuase of his strained relationship with the franchise in the past and his antics on the Field with the Falcons and his past altercations with Jim Mora and Jim Finks. I know he is the new color man for the WWL Radio and Saints pre games I just want to know: Is he back with the Saints and a fan agian of the team?

Just wondering, thats all.

Q: Is Bobby Hebert a Saints fan again?

A: Yes, he most certainly is. :9:

The other remarks about the quality of his color commentary, his past stint with the Falcons, etc., are valid. But as far as the question is concerned, Bobby Hebert (...the man from Cutoff, LA) is definitely a Saints fan.

PS: I'd much rather have someone who isn't that eloquent over the mike call the game ...if they give solid info and gametime analysis.

Hebert is a tool.

he was a prima donna as a player.

Now as a Ex-jock commentator, he is just another Joe Theisman. Some are ok, like Aikman, but he is the exception.

Hebert, Theisman, Deoin S. and the crackhead M. Irvin... I just don't like those guys. Idiots galore.

Bobby Hebert is someone I consider a friend from cut off, La. and former South LaFourche Tarpon and I can tell you, he has always been a huge Saints and LSU fan and always will be.

Who was harder on and more sarcastic about the Saints than Buddy D when things were bad, which they often were. He's in their HOF now. Give him a chance.

Hebert definitely no Buddy D. I'm also a little uncomfortable listening to Bobby, just because of my intense hate for all things Atlanta.

Hebert is a Saints fan because it pays the bills. When WWL had to replace Buddy, a great combination of former serious print and TV journalist and you-can't-invent-this local colorful character, they made a cynical decision to take the guy with the highest Q factor rather than any real talent or credibility. (Having said that, other than Kenny Trahan, it's not like Grantland Rice, Keith Jackson, Red Smith and Edgar Murrow were the other choices...)

He proved three things as a Saint: He's physically tough and courageous. He's a choker. His favorite team is the one that employs Bobby Hebert. On the last, I give him credit, more power to him, he's had kids and a mortgage, it's what you do.

But let's face it; this is the best media gig he's going to get anywhere. If he could get paid more for an Atlanta radio gig, you'd never hear his voice again. Every time you think he's a Saints fan, remember 1990. And this is a guy who moved to Atlanta and stayed there long before Katrina hit. (Hey, I don't live in New Orleans either, but I didn't sign with the Eagles. :hihi:) He's a Bobby Hebert fan. I'm fine with that, but let's not make him into more than he is.

I was to young to care when he was playing for the saints. So I have no opinion of Bobby Herbert with the Saints. I'm simply pointing out that he always seems down and relucant to give the saints any props and he has a terrible radio voice.

I didn't care much for him even when he was with us...

**Edited - Inappropriate** We had one of the best Defenses in league history, and he couldn't win one mod edit: veiled profanity.AMH. playoff game.

Points allowed by one of the best defenses in league history during Bobby's 3 playoff games:

1987: Vikings - 37 Offensive points in Superdome
1991: Falcons - 27 Offensive points in Superdome
1992: Eagles - 27 Offensive points in Superdome

Points allowed by one of the best defenses in league history during Bobby's 3 playoff games:

1987: Vikings - 37 Offensive points in Superdome
1991: Falcons - 27 Offensive points in Superdome
1992: Eagles - 27 Offensive points in Superdome

So maybe bobby wasn't the only one who choked......?

Jim Henderson is the only voice on 870 worth listening to. The others are morons. Thanks God for Gerry V.

His radio voice and his antics in the dome some 12 years ago aside, he is a Saints fan through and through. I like Bobby and I hope he sticks around for a long time.

dont like him..... never really liked him..... and after the dirty bird routine..... i hated him

still hate him.....

turn the channel.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom