Is Bobby Hebert a Saints Fan again (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I would like to ask this question becuase of his strained relationship with the franchise in the past and his antics on the Field with the Falcons and his past altercations with Jim Mora and Jim Finks. I know he is the new color man for the WWL Radio and Saints pre games I just want to know: Is he back with the Saints and a fan agian of the team?

Just wondering, thats all.

Some will say yeah but that jerkweed did the dirty bird dance in my dome. He can take a walk for good as far as I'm concerned.

He always seems down on the saints when he is talking almost like hes being sarcastic. I don't really like him that much.

No you not alone, I change channels when he is on!

I do not even care what he has to say...........

He has a terrible radio voice.

Sounds like folks on both sides have and still are drinking the haterade...

Sounds like folks on both sides have and still are drinking the haterade...

I was to young to care when he was playing for the saints. So I have no opinion of Bobby Herbert with the Saints. I'm simply pointing out that he always seems down and relucant to give the saints any props and he has a terrible radio voice.

What? Bobby is definately a Saints fan. Listen to him before or after any game. The Saints were his childhood team - the man bleeds black and gold! For his job, he pretty much HAD to play for a different team. Go ahead and hold that against him, but unless you were in his shoes at that time, don't go passing judgement.

Bonchie, are you local? I ask this because Bobby's voice reflects where he grew up. If you insult him about it, you're kinda insulting everybody down the bayou. I understand him perfectly! :D I would rather have someone local that someone just blowing through town, anyway.

What? Bobby is definately a Saints fan. Listen to him before or after any game. The Saints were his childhood team - the man bleeds black and gold! For his job, he pretty much HAD to play for a different team. Go ahead and hold that against him, but unless you were in his shoes at that time, don't go passing judgement.

Bonchie, are you local? I ask this because Bobby's voice reflects where he grew up. If you insult him about it, you're kinda insulting everybody down the bayou. I understand him perfectly! :D I would rather have someone local that someone just blowing through town, anyway.

I'm from Vicksburg (In Lake Charles area now)...and yeah I know how the locals in southern Lousiana sound :) Its not so much his cajun accent really, he just seems to talk with no enthusiasm if you know what I mean. Its hard to explain. Its almost like hes sad or something. Bah I can't explain it.

Well, I listen to him almost every day at 5pm and I get a totally different impression. I admit after Saints wins, he's a little harder to understand. Probably the same Dome Foam Effect that plagues the boards here after a win as well. :D

If you listen to the broadcast after the games and think he's not a fan.....you need to listen harder. He loves this coaching staff and team. His problems were with Finks and Mora I believe.....After the philly win I thought he had a man crush on Payton...lol!

I really don't care for Bobby as much because of his career with Atlanta and the fact that he did the bird dance in the Superdome. We were down at that time and he just kicked us in the nads man. It hurt. Of course, if he weren't a fan he would probably be working a radio program in Atlanta.....

Bobby was born in raised in Cut Off, Louisiana (my hometown). He grew up a Saints fan like most people in this area. He talks constantly about how he used to go to Saints games at old Tulane Stadium with his dad. He was a Saints fan long before he put on a Saints uniform. What happened between him and the Saints organization was all business, I doubt if it affected his love for the Saints. You just have to listen to him on the radio and you'll hear his passion for this team. As far as his radio voice, I agree its not good for radio but it doesn't bother me because I'm so used to the accent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom