Is Brady wondering if he can END DB's career ?!?! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Or DB surviving another elimination game to keep WHO DAT nations worst fears from coming to fruition....yet !!!

The drama of this is hard to beat. The older QB wants to get his arch statistical rival out of the way so he can play another year to set some, probably, unbreakable records !!

DB saying What dat !?!?

May the best local team win on Sunday !!!
;)

I think the ‘drama’ as you say (whether this topic or others) is largely a pundit/fan exercise
Pro athletes seem to be more than capable of staying focused on details and competitive enough to be unconcerned about anything but the game in front of them

I imagine that in the off-season they do ponder larger implications, but not during game week (esp playoff game week)

Idk but I do think Pat will break all of the records, if he stays healthy. Especially seeing as the league will be adding a 17th game to the schedule.

Idk but I do think Pat will break all of the records, if he stays healthy. Especially seeing as the league will be adding a 17th game to the schedule.

Yeah that is another reason I think Brees is ok with retiring after this season. In today's NFL, with the defense becoming more and more handicapped, and an extra NFL game....all of Brees's and Brady's records will fall. They will get broke much faster than it took Brees and Brady to break them.

Yeah that is another reason I think Brees is ok with retiring after this season. In today's NFL, with the defense becoming more and more handicapped, and an extra NFL game....all of Brees's and Brady's records will fall. They will get broke much faster than it took Brees and Brady to break them.

I think Brees holds on to the completion percentage record and the most 5000 yard seasons. Even with an extra game, that's still hard to do. There may be more people able to get a 5000 yard season, but I doubt the same do it over and over. Even looking at Mahomes, while his numbers are still good, his yards have dropped. Also, no way they keep that same tempo up in KC for decades.

I think Brees holds on to the completion percentage record and the most 5000 yard seasons. Even with an extra game, that's still hard to do. There may be more people able to get a 5000 yard season, but I doubt the same do it over and over. Even looking at Mahomes, while his numbers are still good, his yards have dropped. Also, no way they keep that same tempo up in KC for decades.

I think he holds on to the completion percentage for a while. Regarding the 5,000 yard seasons...Brees has done it 5 times in a 20 year career. Mahomes has done it 1 time in 4 seasons and came close this season. With the new defensive rules getting worse each season and an extra game...if Mahomes stays healthy he will easily do it 4 more times.

I think he holds on to the completion percentage for a while. Regarding the 5,000 yard seasons...Brees has done it 5 times in a 20 year career. Mahomes has done it 1 time in 4 seasons and came close this season. With the new defensive rules getting worse each season and an extra game...if Mahomes stays healthy he will easily do it 4 more times.
The one record that will stand the test of time will be the consecutive games with a TD pass. 54?

Gonna have to add more asterisks and footnotes to stats.

LOL @ people just assuming that Mahomes will break all of the major passing records. Possible? Sure! But there is just so much that goes into making these career records possible that falls outside of the control of the athlete themselves. Who is to say that PM will even want to play that long? Good players seem to be voluntarily hanging up the cleats earlier these days, with salaries being so much higher than they used to be and greater awareness of the impacts of football upon long-term health. It's anything but a foregone conclusion.

came to say pretty much this exact thing word for word.

he’s still got a long way to go for sure, and a 20 year career is far from guaranteed. But I think it’s safe to say no QB has ever been on the pace he’s currently on. 114 passing TDs in his first 3 seasons. Ridiculous. That’s 38 per season. 12 more seasons with that pace and he’d surpass Brees

came to say pretty much this exact thing word for word.

he’s still got a long way to go for sure, and a 20 year career is far from guaranteed. But I think it’s safe to say no QB has ever been on the pace he’s currently on. 114 passing TDs in his first 3 seasons. Ridiculous. That’s 38 per season. 12 more seasons with that pace and he’d surpass Brees.
And that's a massive challenge. He's in his 4th season, so that's a 16 year HEALTHY career - a rarity for any position. Then you factor in the organization around him - Reid almost certainly won't be coaching the Chiefs in 10 years, and guys like Hill and Kelce will have either declined or moved on. Given what he earns, it will be more difficult to surround him with talent than any other QB in the league currently. Speaking of what he earns: with the contract he signed this year and the endorsement deals he has already racked up, it's going to take a very, very special person to want to keep playing that long.

And that's a massive challenge. He's in his 4th season, so that's a 16 year HEALTHY career - a rarity for any position. Then you factor in the organization around him - Reid almost certainly won't be coaching the Chiefs in 10 years, and guys like Hill and Kelce will have either declined or moved on. Given what he earns, it will be more difficult to surround him with talent than any other QB in the league currently. Speaking of what he earns: with the contract he signed this year and the endorsement deals he has already racked up, it's going to take a very, very special person to want to keep playing that long.

Correct on all of this. Who is to say that Mahomes plays even more than eleven more years. The amount of money he will make will be staggering on his current contract. He will be paid, through the end of his contract, $503 million. That is HALF A BILLION DOLLARS. Add on his endorsement deals, he may decide to call it quits after that. He could also start to get injured so why continue to play if you have your health at stake and that much money.

Mahomes could probably make $10 million/yr as a broadcaster.

He made about $7 million in 2020 on endorsement deals.

Drew Brees: Career earning through 2020.... $270 million
Tom Brady: Career earnings through 2020....$262 million

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom