Is Brady wondering if he can END DB's career ?!?! (1 Viewer)

Slight aside: why does "everyone" assume this is DB's lasts year but no one questions at all that this is TB's last year?

Esp since TB is one year older...
It's a fair question, but the reality is that there have been tons of signs and rumors that Drew will retire this offseason, while there have been none about Brady, and everything Brady has actually said leads one to believe he intends to play out his contract at minimum.

And that's a massive challenge. He's in his 4th season, so that's a 16 year HEALTHY career - a rarity for any position. Then you factor in the organization around him - Reid almost certainly won't be coaching the Chiefs in 10 years, and guys like Hill and Kelce will have either declined or moved on. Given what he earns, it will be more difficult to surround him with talent than any other QB in the league currently. Speaking of what he earns: with the contract he signed this year and the endorsement deals he has already racked up, it's going to take a very, very special person to want to keep playing that long.

I agree. Hill and Kelce are pretty much his bread and butter most of the time, and Kelce is already past 30.

Idk but I do think Pat will break all of the records, if he stays healthy. Especially seeing as the league will be adding a 17th game to the schedule.
I'd much prefer him owning them than Brady...just wish we had traded those two picks used on Davenport to have picked Mahomes.

I think he holds on to the completion percentage for a while. Regarding the 5,000 yard seasons...Brees has done it 5 times in a 20 year career. Mahomes has done it 1 time in 4 seasons and came close this season. With the new defensive rules getting worse each season and an extra game...if Mahomes stays healthy he will easily do it 4 more times.

Yep. With 17 game seasons you only have to average 294 yards a game to get to 5K. That's happed 48 times in NFL history.

Matt Ryan would have four 5K seasons if he had the extra game.

And if they add an 18th game (surely that will happen within Mahommes career). It will be 277.8 yards a game. Some that's happened 69 times in NFL history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom