Is Brees Capable of One More High-Level Season? (1 Viewer)

BornVc15

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Have a group chat for with a bunch of friends, and one of them said this game reminded him of Manning in his last year. That kinda bothered me since I remember just how awful Manning was that final year. That said, he did just enough in the playoffs to allow their running game and D to win the SB.

It seems everywhere you go the discussions are that Drew doesn't have it anymore. The media, NFL fans and Saint fans all seem to agree on that. But what's interesting is that statistically (at least in the regular season), Brees hasn't had the drop off that QBs like Farve and Manning did in their final years.

Peyton Manning's last two seasons:
2014: 39 TDs / 15 INTs
2015: 9 TDs / 17 INTs

Brett Farve's last two seasons:
2009: 33 TDs / 7 INTs
2010: 11 TDs / 19 INTs

Drew's last three seasons:
YearTeamCMP%YDSTDINTRating
AC5-UEeN3V_fjkdFXtHWfQ_28x21.png

Saints

Saints

Saints

Compared to Manning and Farve, Brees has held up a lot better. In fact, Brees' TD/INT ratio is a lot better now than it was in his prime. I guess my question is (genuinely curious), what do you guys think is the reason that Drew's had the troubles he's had in the playoffs lately? Why does he seem to be able to do well enough during the season but look so poor in the playoffs? I get if he can't quite make the throws he used to. But he's proven he can play it smart in the season. Just not sure why he can't in the playoffs.

Have a group chat for with a bunch of friends, and one of them said this game reminded him of Manning in his last year. That kinda bothered me since I remember just how awful Manning was that final year. That said, he did just enough in the playoffs to allow their running game and D to win the SB.

It seems everywhere you go the discussions are that Drew doesn't have it anymore. The media, NFL fans and Saint fans all seem to agree on that. But what's interesting is that statistically (at least in the regular season), Brees hasn't had the drop off that QBs like Farve and Manning did in their final years.

Peyton Manning's last two seasons:
2014: 39 TDs / 15 INTs
2015: 9 TDs / 17 INTs

Brett Farve's last two seasons:
2009: 33 TDs / 7 INTs
2010: 11 TDs / 19 INTs

Drew's last three seasons:
YearTeamCMP%YDSTDINTRating

Saints

Saints

Saints

Compared to Manning and Farve, Brees has held up a lot better. In fact, Brees' TD/INT ratio is a lot better now than it was in his prime. I guess my question is (genuinely curious), what do you guys think is the reason that Drew's had the troubles he's had in the playoffs lately? Why does he seem to be able to do well enough during the season but look so poor in the playoffs? I get if he can't quite make the throws he used to. But he's proven he can play it smart in the season. Just not sure why he can't in the playoffs.
No.

It's a waste of time.

His only chance would be an elite defense and a great running game similar to how Manning limped through with Denver, but we don't have enough.

He can't make the throws or attack the defense at all levels and it's too easy to defend now.

He was amazing and when he was at his best we had the worst defenses in history.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom