Is Brees Capable of One More High-Level Season? (3 Viewers)

I mean if he really wanted to he could come in as our backup and continue to teach the new guy whoever that might be and he would be clutch if our starter ever went down.

I love Drew and all he has done here but let’s call a spade a spade he cost us that game in 2019/20 he tossed up a duck that got picked vs. the Vikings then insult to injury he sells his house uptown buys a condo downtown in the off-season. This pretty much tells any who is anyone I am out after this year. He then proceeds to play this season ...... you know I wrote this thinking I knew what I was saying ... but I don’t. We owe that dude x100000 he wants to ruin our season he has earned that right. It’s something you or I have no right to gripe about he earned that. He took us places we never been nor may ever go. He cost us past 2 seasons but he dragged us thru the other 15 most of the time with nothing but him. He will always be my quarterback. We have rode or died with him over the past decade and then some. He got old we all do and that’s not our right to judge. Honor the man don’t disrespect him!!!

I dont think Brees' body has another season left in him. He achieved what he did this year through sheer willpower and the fact that he has perfected his craft.

What’s sad to me is that people may remember Drew from these last couple seasons and especially this last game, and think of his diminished skills.

But I choose to think of Drew as the guy who could really sling it, putting up weekly fireworks shows for the Saints for 12 years or so. The guy who was always the hardest worker, the biggest motivator, and a class act.

He undoubtedly should have more rings, but regardless he’s a legend. Remember him that way.

Brady didn't retire him, Jared Cook did.

Drew retired Drew, with playoff performances and this one was the worst....with Brady throwing darts downfield in his house.

Sorry, Drew never was that guy in the playoffs. We caught lightning one year...better known as Tracy Porter in the CG and SB, but I am so glad we done with this BS.

Drew retired Drew.

Drew is at that point where pressure is all thats needed to neutralize him. The thing about being young and agile is that one day you wont be. Just watch Brees in 08-2011. He could make a short throw off of his back foot easily. Now when you force him to back peddle he's putting those balls in the ground more often. He actually tried to get it there this game but just like shooting a gun, forcing will could lead to inaccuracy. Drew was pulling the trigger on certain throws instead of squeezing it.(shooters know). I think he's had a brilliant career but him sticking around won't maximize what we can truly get of of the young talent we still have. We need a big arm.

I believe he is capable of having one more season similar to this one. The dink and dunk is fine when it works. Problem is, when you need him to sling the ball in the playoffs, he’s no longer capable, and that’s the big hump we haven’t been able to get over.
My point exactly, the lack of the deep ball just takes away an important part of the game.

Could we mix more Brees and Taysom? Possibly.

These dumb thread starts. Seriously, no way he comes back and if he does it’s with another team. He was gassed 2 seasons ago.

I think Drew is still recovering from the rib fractures, and I don’t think it is fair to say he doesn’t have it in the playoffs. This was the only bad playoff game that I remember. He played well enough in the others to win. No this time, but that may be the injury. I think he was playing overly cautious to avoid getting hit. That may be the main problem. He may realize that he can BJ longer handle the big hits. He has been hurt more the last couple of years than all of his other seasons combined as Saint.

And waste another year of Kamara, Thomas and many others? No. And he’ll no. Drew, just retire dude.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom