Is Brees Capable of One More High-Level Season? (1 Viewer)

Drew retired Drew, with playoff performances and this one was the worst....with Brady throwing darts downfield in his house.

Sorry, Drew never was that guy in the playoffs. We caught lightning one year...better known as Tracy Porter in the CG and SB, but I am so glad we done with this BS.

Drew retired Drew.

Old shiz back to old antics eh? Predictable.

I've said this before, Drew is no different than most HOF QBs when it comes to retirement: they don't want to. These guys are so good above the shoulders that all they need is decent talent around them and they'll get to the playoffs. This team has been winning the division with its overall talent and Drew has missed significant time for two years in a row. It's time to set up a celebration ceremony, remind him of the 150+ million he's made with us, and say it's time to move on.

You despise this team. You only ever have awful things to say. Why are you here? Why were you even unbanned? You bring the entire discourse down. You are a net negative to any conversation you are involved in.

Buzz off, I never really discussed anything with you, so keep your opinion...and ban yourself.

We now have a real opportunity with this team.

No. And he should not have played this year, and one wonders whether he would have returned but for his statistical rivalry with Brady.

He has had an exceptional career. But were he to return, it would be a huge mistake by Brees and the Saints. It is over. Time for everyone to move on.

Please.

There is a lot to it that goes beyond Brees. You are so biased and have an axe to grind.

100% he is old and could t get it done this year. You waited long enough for your “I told you so” and he had to get to 42 years old to give you your moment to crow. Congrats.

The overall level of unique futility and finding ways to lose in the playoffs is not Brees. The forces under that remain and are things that will probably impact Jamie’s Winston too, but then you will turn into an excuse maker.

I didnt wait...I said it 3 years ago. He just proved me right every year in playoffs.

No not even one more game. Sad to admit that. But his 2020 season was a B season (approved). Actually not that bad with a QB rating over 105. He did his best but choked when it mattered

We now have a chance.. be happy. Not angry.

Then chill the hell out with the Brees criticism. It's been your shtick for a long time now. The only purpose that serves is to piss people off. Find another outlet for you Brees hate. It's not welcome here.

Then chill the hell out with the Brees criticism. It's been your shtick for a long time now. The only purpose that serves is to piss people off. Find another outlet for you Brees hate. It's not welcome here.

Just a little of me...and not all...I have far more history on this Board topics than Brees.

But really, I blame Sean Payton more than Brees now.

Because he knew and didnt change in 2018. But we have much more than this to discuss ... just been very busy lately.

We now have a chance.. be happy. Not angry.
Ridiculous.

We had a chance for a decade with Brees, nullified by an all time level of futility on the defensive side of the ball.

I like to step back and look at things analytically. Risks/Opportunities, Positive/Negative over time.

When you evaluate the organization you have to be honest. No one was more incompetent with personnel and scheme and coaching than the Saints on the defensive side of the ball for most of the seasons through 2016. No one did less with one of the greatest, most precise and most consistent QBs in history than this organization. And now add to it the unique ways of choking in the playoffs this organization has presided over.

And despite your axe to grind this was a team choke. Brees was overcoming his mistakes and playing within himself to get the team to a 14 point lead in the second half of a divisional playoff game vs "the GOAT". And that evaporated when Jared Cook (who should have been benched long ago) fumbled. And that is where it ended because, as you are so happy to point out, this version of Drew Brees can't do quick strikes anymore and can't hit the explosive plays needed to come back. Finally, you were right! Lol.

But back to the track...all the decision makers who, while producing winning seasons and entertaining seasons, but have the dubious achievements I listed above, are still in place.

So we will see how much they have evolved in their ability to get this team over the hump. Drew Brees was not the issue to the bigger picture of the last 14 years. You are so invested in your contrarian view you had to wait for Brees to hit the wall to declare victory.

Last edited:
Just a little of me...and not all...I have far more history on this Board topics than Brees.

But really, I blame Sean Payton more than Brees now.

Because he knew and didnt change in 2018. But we have much more than this to discuss ... just been very busy lately.

If you're going to continue to be an overly negative Nancy, there won't be much to discuss. Constructive criticism is fine. But persistently negative posts about the team won't get very far here. And that's not just you, but for everyone.

Sean definitely gets the blame, because he knew. He covered the limitations instead of upgrading.
Post of the day. Hits nail on the head. CSP shafted the rest of the team to appease an aging QB. Personally, I think drew lost the locker room when taysom came in and it showed when Winston made the throw for the TB. I haven’t seen the team get that excited and congratulating Winston in a while. The team knows Brees wanps limited to 20 yards and had to play out last season and this one.

If you're going to continue to be an overly negative Nancy, there won't be much to discuss. Constructive criticism is fine. But persistently negative posts about the team won't get very far here. And that's not just you, but for everyone.

Stop. Look in mirror and dictate your own posting. You have known me for years...I dont cut corners on what I think.

Never have. Move on

Damn, just because you feel it might be negative doesn’t make it not true. Last night was reflective of the last 2-3 seasons with a QB that limits your offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom